Is there a way you can check for gaps in between faces?

Hello! So I’m modeling some floor trim by beveling a curve, and the wall is a separate object. The room is also somewhat oddly shaped. Because of this, I’ve been making small adjustments to the curve where I find them (see figure 1 and 2 below).

But I’m still finding lots of gaps in places when I pan to different angles. Is there an addon or way that I can check for gaps like this? That way I can ensure I don’t overlook any or possible find a more efficient way to overlap them.

How is the wall modelled? Assuming it’s a mesh one method that works is this:

First select and duplicate the line of edges at the bottom of the wall. Separate this line to make it a new mesh but don’t move it. Parent it to the wall and then lock it in position. Convert it to a curve and use a bevel profile with its start or end point exactly on its origin, with the other end exactly above it or exactly below it. This last measure ensures proper contact with the wall.

I did actually start modeling the trim this way. I selected the bottom edge of the wall, duplicated it and made it a separate object, and converted it to a curve. Then I beveled it with another curve object. It’s origin is directly in the center of the whole curve.

This is the curve I’m beveling from.

Maybe I should use profile instead of beveling from an object? I wish I didn’t have to recreate the shape I already have though.

Try moving the origin of your profile curve first!

Select the profile curve, then go into edit mode, select just the control point at the top end, then use cursor to selected. Then go to object mode and use origin to 3d cursor to put the origin there. This may fix the problem entirely, apart from needing to move the resulting shape vertically. The profile should look like this:

44b2ec6abb90b745faedf2ef059e74bdb5690744

This definitely helped, thank you so much! :slight_smile: