Is there any Blender user in AM?

Hi, first of all I apologize if this topic doesn’t have to be here…I thoght It did (and for my English too).
But I wantedto know if do we have anyone in ANIMATION MENTOR with Blender? I looking foward to attend de course next year (first I have ti save a lot of money!!) and I was wondering me if using blender could “put me apart” from this comunnity, most of this guys, may be all of them, use Maya…!
What do you think?
Please, I f this is no te place tu put this, reforward me…!
Tex

if you can afford animation mentor, you can afford maya.

Come on! I had to choose one of another! :slight_smile: I would take me onether whole year!
Plus, I have to say that I love blender…really…

I think that you should ask the AM people if using Blender will set you apart. They will be able to give you a definitive answer, while we here would just be guessing.

Yes YEs…of course. In Fact I’ve already asked AM…but well, May be.
It would be an actuall Blender user attending the course with his/her own experience. Well, of course, when I have the answer I’ll let you know!

Maya 2008 complete:
$1,995.00
(Up to 100% financing options)
http://store.autodesk.com:80/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=adsk&id=ProductDetailsPage&productID=81543300

Animation Mentor 18 months cert program:
$15,800
(Paid in installments)
http://animationmentor.com/index.cfm

Of course we all here love Blender, but there’s still a few miles Blender has to go to get on par with Maya.

They do traditional animation too, I still say a tool is a tool, but you can get a discounted maya once you register, why not do both, more tools in the bucket makes you more marketable, and allows you to use whatever tool you get most comfortable with. You could end up using a totally different proprietarty tool depending on where you would find a job, the artistry of it is what you are learning, they offer maya specific training, why not use that too.

[/quote]Of course we all here love Blender, but there’s still a few miles Blender has to go to get on par with Maya.[/quote]
do you really think son? (I mean for Character Animation) And Well I can se tha you WANT that I buy Maya! Ha Ha Ha!
And I didn’t know that AM offer Traning MAYA…
Thank, but well, I can see that I will be dificult to find someone who attende AM course AND use Blender…well you never know…

do you really think son? (I mean for Character Animation) And Well I can se tha you WANT that I buy Maya! Ha Ha Ha![/QUOTE]

I personally don’t want anything from you.

But I do remind you that love is usually blind.
And if you can’t seriously evaluate different tools, then how can you call yourself professional?! If you can’t see why ZBrush is better than sculpt mode, if you can’t see why some parts of Maya are better than Blender…

First question: I think that Howitzer was about, or is attending AM classes.

Second question: I don’t think you’ll need Maya only. Their courses are centered around Maya because that is most used in the industry, but it is all about moving you’re character around. Blender isn’t a cripple boy or something. You have bones, you have IK and FK ==> HEY! you got movement. That’s all you need. I think most of the paper and the computer is only the animation tool.

The stupidy, he wants Blender, whats the point of pointing him to Maya?
Or maybe he spent his entire budget to AM.

Hi,

I’m an AM Alumni (first class ever), and even though I’m a current blender “student” I’suggest you to just do the course with Maya.

First, you can buy maya educational (like myself) for a fraction of the cost of the original license.

If you choose to use blender you have to provide your own rigs and you will have no help with technical problems. AM rigs are fairly high end expecially in facial, and you don’t want to waste your time doing rigging and modeling too. Just concentrate on animation if you want to be an animator.

After you’ve graduated it will be a breeze to animate in blender. Remember that animation is not about the software, but you don’t want to think anything other than animation.

Good luck, and feel free to write if you have any more question.

Gianmichele

Maya 2008 complete:
$1,995.00
(Up to 100% financing options)
I can think of a lot of very nice hardware you can get for that price, whether you are enrolled in AM or not.

The idea that you should spend $2,000 dollars on something you don’t need just because you spent $15,000 on something else is really strange thinking.

Harkyman’s right though. Ask AM and if they say it’s okay, it’s okay.

<edit>

Just noticed gianmichelle’s post. These sound like reasonable arguments to use Maya (unlike the argument of throwing money away just because you already spent a lot).

Any body may tell me which kind of tool is more effective in animation…actuallyI am trying to develop a game to run ion this site…all user can play this on the forum…so I want to ask you which tool is suitable for that…the speed and performance should be fast and nice…

Thanx Gianmichele!! THAT is a usefull answer! That was only I needed!..I don’t know why DAREDEMO is so unfriendlly ("then how can you call yourself professional?! " Come on!!)…:eek:
Toontje thanx for the contact ("howitzer, how can I contact him?)
And Jogai thanx too!
Gianmichele, do you have some blog or something to share your progress?..
And that is why I love (yes, daredemo “I love” :yes: ) this forume…so many answer! Thanks guy!
Oh, and I thinks that I’m gonna try to get Maya, because of Ganmichele’s reasons…And when AM answer me I’ll let you know!..

No offence, but Daredome wasn’t rude or unfriendly in any of his posts here. It’s only in your own interpretation, which in turn you try to enforce on us. In your response you were rude, to say the least.
Most arguments given so far are valid, and these are goodhonest trying to help posts.
Accusing people of being unfriendly or unprofessional will not help you. Not on this forum, not anywhere.

[quote=Accusing people of being unfriendly or unprofessional will not help you. Not on this forum, not anywhere.[/quote]
I wasn’t the one who said "…then how can you call yourself professional?! "…sound like “unprofessional”, doesn’t it…?
But come no! I just wanted to know if Blender was suitable for AM, that’s all! What this post turned to!?
Peace…:RocknRoll:

Hey Tex,

I did’t have a blog yet, cause I’ve finished AM almost a year ago. My website with my reel and short back from school (I can’t show my new works yet) is at:

http://www.liquidnet.it

The good thing about AM is that is NON software specific. I took XSI in about a day at my new work and I’m animating without any problem. Software is just a tool for animators, it’s like a big expensive pencil :smiley:

Gianmichele

If you choose to use blender you have to provide your own rigs and you will have no help with technical problems.

Well, there is Mancandy, and there is Otto and a few more. Those rigs are pretty well thought and complex enough to handle most tasks too.

GianMichel!..Amazing animation stuff you did !! Really, really amazing, so full of life, funny a Cartoony…congratulations really!
And I’ll take your advice I’ll go for Maya, not jus because is the standar software, but more because being a lottle more integrated to the AM comunnity…
Again, excelent work…excelent.
:yes: