Is there real-time cloud computing anywhere?

Most projects of mine are so intensive that I can’t even get a basic basic basic preview of the environment for any software even after turning off all kinds of unnecessary details and lowering the number of light bounces and the sample size and so on. Is there anyone who can offer real-time cloud computing so I can just continuously have my basic previews calculated?
I would guess Google or Adobe has such services through their cloud but I have not seen anything yet.

Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure do exactly what you’re looking for. For my money, I work with both services every day at work, and I’d choose Azure over AWS 10 times out of 10. They’ve streamlined the process so much that it’s basically completely painless to set up a new remote workstation in less than 5 minutes.

AWS/Azure don’t exactly do what you’re looking for, but such a service could be built on top of those. It really depends on the software. I don’t know of anyone offering “real-time” previews for Cycles, but services like renders.st let you scale high, if you pay the price.

If you’re adventurous, you can try getting something like Brenda to run and cut out the middleman. Azure may be nicer to use than AWS/EC2, but EC2 can be much cheaper if you use spot instances.

Oh thank you for the information, I’m eager to look into that.
I guess I don’t need it to be super-real time, I just need it to be really quick, like instead of paying to use 1000 render cores scheduled in 24 hours, I just pay to use like 8 cores whenever I want and get instant previews.

I guess I don’t need it to be super close real-time, I just need it to be really quick, like instead of paying to use 1000 render cores scheduled in 24 hours, I just pay to use like 8 cores whenever I want and get instant previews.

I think the main problem here is the “instant” or “real-time” or however you name it part. With an external workstation you still have to upload the blend, render the image, download it and then you get to see it. Unless you run it through remote desktop which kind of defeats the purpose unless your own computer is remarkably slower than virtual machine.

To get a real instant preview, all slave machines should constantly update the state of blend file and stream the framebuffers (rendered with different seed values) that could then be combined on the client side and shown to user. There are no solutions for this at the moment.

OK, I’ll bite: you don’t mention any hardware stats. We don’t even know what OS you’re running. Or render engine. Or what you consider an “intensive project”. So its hard to place a reply other than “Uhmmmm…”.

How do you set this up? There’s like 50 files that MS asks you to download from Github but not all of them are python files, so I can’t use all of them as a plugin, so why does it give me 50 different files from github? How do I install non-python files as an addon? This azure thing is a joke. The website is poorly organized and the addon isn’t even configured to install properly, at least Amazon gives you something.

You lack the competence to answer this thread, that’s your fault, not mine. Other people who actually have experience in this situation have already given relevant comments.

I guess that answers my question in your other thread as to what zip file you were trying to install. The information you are looking for is in the installation instructions:

Building and Installing the Addon

To package up the addon, zip up the Blender.Client/batchapps_blender directory. Alternatively set Blender.Client as the start-up project and run the solution. This will zip up the addon into Blender.Client/build

To install the Addon:

• Run Blender
  • Open File > User Preferences
  • Navigate to the Addons tab
  • Click ‘Install from File…’ at the bottom of the dialog window.
  • Navigate to and select the packaged client zip.
  • The Addon ‘Batch Apps Blender’ will now be registered under the ‘Render’ category. Once located, select the check box to activate the Addon.
  • Once activated, the Addon UI will appear in the ‘Render Properties’ panel - by default, in the lower right corner of the screen.

I believe you should zip up the contents of the “batchapps_blender” directory, not the directory itself, but I’m not sure. Keep in mind that this is aimed at developers, not end users, that it’s experimental and that it may not even work on current versions of Blender.

Microsoft itself has given video testimony as to this addons compatibility with Blender. If it doesn’t work, they are lying and the results were purely fabricated, which is illegal.
Your suggestion also doesn’t work. All I get is an error message that says
“Traceback (most recent call last):
File…
mod = import_(module_name)…
File…
from batchapps import credentials.
ImportError: No module named ‘batchapps’”

Microsoft itself has given video testimony as to this addons compatibility with Blender.

It may have worked at some point, but Blender API changes frequently, so addons can break. If that happens, you need to get a compatible (older) version of Blender.

However, there’s a thousand other reasons why stuff sometimes doesn’t work out, at the very least you need to follow instructions.

If it doesn’t work, they are lying and the results were purely fabricated, which is illegal.

I’m sorry, you seem to be living completely detached from reality. Let me cite from the license under which you are allowed use of this addon:
[TABLE=“class: highlight tab-size js-file-line-container”]

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AS IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
THE SOFTWARE.[TABLE=“class: highlight tab-size js-file-line-container”]

[/TABLE]

That’s your standard warranty disclaimer, you will find something very similar in pretty much every other software license (including the Blender license).

Which can’t be done, according to the instructions.

Personal insults are highly against the rules as you should know. Not only that, but your reasoning does not follow. If I put a little sign up that says “chicken contains arsenic” it doesn’t magically mean I’m allowed to poison people with arsenic-laden chicken.

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Again, if someone tells people “my first is dangerous” that doesn’t mean they get to go around punching people in the face, they can still be sued, you greatly underestimate how fluid and interpretive the legal system is. Furthermore, they still claim
“This sample is an “Addon” for Blender, that can create and manage Batch VM pools, upload data to Azure storage”
Which could be construed as a lie because it hasn’t actually been shown to work on a user’s computer yet.
Furthermore, it also says “This updated version of the code can be accessed in the following link while it is under-going development”
But it is not in fact updated, clearly. If it says it’s compatible with blender, then there must be some configuration with blender without reverse engineering the software in any microscopic remote capacity, that allows the addon to work, or it is a lie.

you need to zip up this folder: batchapps_blender
then use install from file.
if the addon is not working it may written for an earlier version of blender. in that case you would need to find which version to use.

Thank you for the concise reply. I will try reinstalling blender as well as finding an earlier version.

You opened a forum thread before even scrolling down to find the instructions, so clearly you didn’t follow them at first.

It appears the instructions are incomplete, you need to install further dependencies (see the Github issues). As I said, this is aimed at developers, and we’re used to dealing with those kinds of problems. It’s not for you, you should move along.

Personal insults are highly against the rules as you should know.

It’s not meant as an insult, it’s just my impression. If you believe it’s against the rules, go ahead and report me.

Not only that, but your reasoning does not follow. If I put a little sign up that says “chicken contains arsenic” it doesn’t magically mean I’m allowed to poison people with arsenic-laden chicken.

You’re not allowed to do that, because arsenic isn’t allowed in food, at least not at toxic levels. However, peanuts are allowed in food preparation, even though they can kill certain people. If you put up a sign saying “this chicken contains peanuts”, you’ve (probably) done your due diligence.

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

The “warranty disclaimer” is just that, due diligence. The impression shall not arise that you are granted warranty of any kind.

“This sample is an “Addon” for Blender, that can create and manage Batch VM pools, upload data to Azure storage”
Which could be construed as a lie because it hasn’t actually been shown to work on a user’s computer yet.

Even if it was a lie, why would it be illegal? Would you, to everyone’s amusement, litigate against Microsoft?

Furthermore, it also says “This updated version of the code can be accessed in the following link while it is under-going development”
But it is not in fact updated, clearly. If it says it’s compatible with blender, then there must be some configuration with blender without reverse engineering the software in any microscopic remote capacity, that allows the addon to work, or it is a lie.

It’s actually common for a computer program to only ever work on the developer’s machine, the first time around. There’s just so many variables and dependencies in play. That’s why you, dear user, are best kept ignorant of software until it’s packaged so that even you can install it.