Is there work for beginner Blender artists?

Hello all!

in August 2020 i started learning blender. I followed a lot of tutorials on youtube, subscribed for a few online courses (cgfasttrack and CBailey) that i still follow.

But as a beginning artist, creating something huge will get me stuck in the very beginning of every project i start…

So i am wandering if there are some studios who take newbies like me under their wings and let them do some propwork, just to learn to master blender and extend their visual library in order to become better artists…

It’s perfect proposition for you

i see that it is a 2d platform game, but the only things i’ve done so far is 3d…

I started learning Blender from October last year or so, found some random freelance jobs and luckily now I have a regular client who give me animations to render every weeks which I can make a living from (period).

So best chance is to take random jobs instead of a studio position, that is my case.

Edit: I think I did some learning from august too but mostly shaders and for fun. Only did it seriously from october.

That is exactly what i meant, but didn’t know how to write it down. Thanks! But were do i search? do you have any suggestions on freelance jobs that are open right now?

I only find jobs on this forum. I worked with some people from here. 2 of them become regular. I also learn Unreal Engine and found a small job from the UE forum too. I think we need to be patient.

thank you anyway for your tips!!!
i’ll dive right into it!

There might be local jobs which are related to blender in your places, right?

I also do local part-time jobs, but none of them has anything to do with blender :v As long as they help me with the living.

As beginners we should also build our portfolios with random stuffs in the free time and make them look good, be patient and we might get decent jobs later.

i already have a fulltime job, so for me, it isn’t the money that’s the most interresting, it is really the part of becoming great in blender. but i do understand and deeply respect the people that do freelance work to pay their living. But if it can bring extra money in my wallet, of course i won’t say no :wink:

Good to know! It’s tough these days you know.

if you ever are interested to do a project of your own, please let me know, i’llhelp you out where i can :slight_smile:

1 Like

We do internships through a local University. 4 months and 8 months. I never thought about doing online internships because I like to be able to offer a job at the end. And the workers need to be native to the country and living local.

I wonder if there would be interest in doing an internship for the sake of learning? And taking a portfolio of the work for finding jobs later.

I have to admit it is not the same when you are not there in the studio. But there might be some value in it for people given our current social restrictions. Not to mention opening up a learning opportunity that goes beyond borders.

Another aspect is while there are lots of online free tutorials, intensive tutorials at a pro level are usually something you pay for.

So the exchange could be producing work for the training which is more or less how the internship program works.

What do you think?

in my humble opinion, every opportunity to develop your skills is priceless! Even if that means you have to look beyond the border…

free tutorials are great, and thanks to these devoted teachers on YT and across other platform, blender becomes really open. But at a certain point, people do want to do something with the knowledge they gathered this way (people like me :wink: )

If you ever want to take the leap for takeing apprentices across the globe, please count me in! I would be glad to put my shoulders under that project and help wherever i can!

One more thing I have to mention is that I have a fulltime job, and nowadays I spend 4 - 5 hours a day
on Blender

1 Like

Very good I will put some thought into this. I want it to be valuable so I want to make a plan that could be beneficial to both parties.

Regardless it takes some kind of portfolio just to get an intern position and they are not a guarantee just because the work is free. We have to be certain the person has some skill and interviews are conducted just to get a feel for the personality of the intern.

There is no set criteria other than some skill, talent, willingness to learn and someone we can get along with and so on.

I will think in this more, draw up some plans for a concrete viable program.

great!!! if you could give me some email adress, messenger, or something else, i can share some work that i have done since i began with blender

1 Like

Sure. You can reach me through our contact page.

https://www.animationrenaissance.com/

Alternatively you can also message me here. Of course I have not set up a program yet. But definitely would like to see your work! :slight_smile:

i’ll send some work i did to you when i come back from work. thank you anyway too take the time for answering this question!

No problem. Look forward to seeing it.

Here a few of my work (tutorials i followed, if interested, i Will share thema, except the paid once :wink: )

1 Like