Is this a bug ?? (Border button not working)

Hi:

I often use Border in render buttons but in 2.34 when i render an image (and looks ok in rendering phase) ((and after rendering)) it just turns black.

I’ve pressed F11 and saved to a file but only get this “all black” image

Am I missing something new ??

Thanks

I think you have to save the image with F3

And like this imagename.jpg

don’t forget about .jpg

No, no, no… please !!!

I didn’t say that i pressed F11 TO save the image. F11 is used to view a pre-rendered image

so i did use F11 to re-view the rendered image AND did save that image but everything i got is black… only black

Anyway… as i can see Border button is useless (for now)

To be more precise, F11 is used to force the render window to the background (or bring it to the foreground on the second press).

Border rendering is working fine here. (Windows)

In camera view (NumPad 0), first toggle the ‘Border’ button, then press Shift_b and draw a rectangle around the area you want rendered. It should leave a red-dashed outline indicating the selected area to render. Then press F12 or the ‘Render’ button.

Otherwise, I don’t know. Could be a bug. What OS version of Blender are you using if that’s the case?

Precise ?? Yes, of course, ONLY if you have pressed DispWin button (Scene - F10). BUT if you press DispView you don’t have this render window

In camera view (NumPad 0), first toggle the ‘Border’ button, then press Shift_b and draw a rectangle around the area you want rendered. It should leave a red-dashed outline indicating the selected area to render. Then press F12 or the ‘Render’ button.

Border button worked fine (in previous versions) with no need to use Shift-b

Otherwise, I don’t know. Could be a bug. What OS version of Blender are you using if that’s the case?

Windows (98SE)