Is This A Bug???

I think I may have found a bug in Blender, but I’m not sure. I found it when I was making a FPS game where the screen turns red as your health goes down (like COD). I had a plane with a texture and an alpha ipo on it in an overlay scene. Here is the bug: When the overlay scene is on, the shading in the main scene goes away ONLY WHEN THE GAME IS RUN WITH THE BLENDERPLAYER. The shading is fine in blender. I have attached a blend file showing the “bug”. It isn’t my original blend file, but the “bug” is still there.

Open the file in blender and press “p”. There should be a red textured plane flashing in an overlay scene and a blue shaded cube rotating in the main scene. Then open the game with the blenderplayer and the blue cube isn’t shaded anymore.

I have been trying to figure this out for hours. Can anybody check this out to see if it is just my computer or if I am doing something wrong? By the way, I’m using 2.49

Attachments

blender_bug.blend (55.9 KB)

It works well in my trusty Debian/GNU/Linux 64 system!
Bye

Works on my build of 2.49 on win7 64 bit. (The build is 32 bit).
What video card are you using?

Using WinXP - it is fine.

Im using Windows 7 64 bit. 32 bit build of Blender
Intel GMA 3100 graphics card.

This is frustrating. I guess it’s my graphics card. I’ll check if there are any driver updates to see if that helps

EDIT: One important thing I forgot to mention: Try turning the spec and hard down. Then, the cube isn’t shaded on my computer.

The left picture is when it is run in blender and the right one is in the blenderplayer. The blenderplayer one doesn’t have shading.

Attachments

When it goes up, the cube loses its texture, is that what you mean? If so, I get that problem.

Windows 7 32 bit. Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family.

Intel should be required to put “NOT FOR 3D” on all their gfx chipsets. :stuck_out_tongue:

What do you mean by “When it goes up”? You can see in my screenshots that the cube keeps its texture but loses its shading in the blenderplayer.

So true :frowning:

Bump…

Well, it’s animated, and what I meant was when it goes behind the plane it loses its texture.