Is this because of low RAM?

Is this because of low RAM???

When I move my mouse around the buttons come back and then dissapear again…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/mystery/help/blender_broken.jpg

Mystery

I’d say there’s a 90% chance it’s the video card. How long has it being doing this?

Are things disappearing in any other apps? When this started happending to me a while ago it was due to my hard drive getting ready to die. Maybe you can run a disk utility to check.

I get that problem if I force anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering on. Make sure the AA and anisotopic filtering are set to application controlled.

This may not be the problem but it could help.

Sorry I haven’t replied.

Wiggie, well…ever since my last project which would render on my computer I decided to wait untill I get a new one, I added a few more applications and stuff like that, and I only have 128 megs of ram, so when once upon a time I opened blender again, this started happening, I didn’t change anything in blender since the last project, and nothing like this ever happend then, thats why I thought that my RAM was too low.
PS: My vid card is pretty old, but nothing like this has every happend :frowning:

zbgump, no, all other apps are absolutely fine and this is a new hard drive.

Ionized, Big words! ahhhh! :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t even know what anisotropic filering is :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: where is the option to set it to application controled?

thanx a lot for the help.

Mystery

Bump

Mystery

I also experienced that problem when I installed Blender on low end machine with ATI Rage Pro and 128 MB of RAM. My bet is the video card causes problems.