is this plan a good one

Hi, I’m completely new to the 3D design world. While trying to decide what software to begin with, I found out about MakeHuman and Blender. I need to make a simple 3D animated female face and I have about 4 weeks to do it. I have some hand drawings of what the female should look like and i want to make it as similar to those drawings as i can.

Do you think the following plan is solid ? :

1. Create a good female face with MH 0.9.1RC1

2. Import this collada model into Blender.

3. Now since MH creates the facial bones … I can now modify the exact look of the face using Blender (as well as move the bones around to match)

4. Once i have the final face in Blender (perhaps also replace the default MH texture with my own)… I can then start adding animation.

Questions:

A) Are there any flaws in this plan that should be completed within 4 weeks ? I am watching tutorials and reading books to learn what i need from Blender/MakeHuman quickly.

B) How difficult is it to modify the facial bones in Blender after i have changed i have tweaked the face (again in Blender)

C) I have been facing a lot of trouble with making a female face, it still looks male regardless. Will the upcoming version of makeHuman make this task easier or it will add other un-related features ?

D) I have not been able to find online any BodySettings .bs makeHuman sample files. I want to download a makeHuman female design made by someone then start modifying from there. Would anyone be willing to share their female face designs please ?

Thanks http://www.makehuman.org/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

(btw i am running Blender under linux if that matters)

Sdac,

There’s a very long tutorial on Blender Underground which you may find enlightening. It basically gives you the entire workflow pretty much as you need it.

Check it out, you should learn something from it no matter how skilled you are.

http://blenderunderground.com/

also, the community there is excellent…even if I do say so myself :wink:

Dan

Thanks Dan, I came across the website yesterday and have downloaded all the xvid tutorials straight away :slight_smile: I still need to know if my plan is reasonable though, I must get this done in 4 weeks, If i can’t i need to ask for help or find an artist from now. Any input on those questions ? Thanks

Thanks Dan, I came across the website yesterday and have downloaded all the xvid tutorials straight away :slight_smile: I still need to know if my plan is reasonable though, I must get this done in 4 weeks, If i can’t i need to ask for help or find an artist from now. Any input on those questions ? Thanks