Is this possible to render with Blender...

Hi,

Is this possible to animate with Blender? Please look the included file. I could use videofile as animated texture, which is a small screen on the windows desktop and moves around. Finally this video fades away and becomes transparent. So this video is texture on texture which also moves. Could this be done by using nodes?

Please advice some tutorial or give me hints how to do this if it is possible at all. If you know that this is impossible to do, please tell this also.

I have no other video editing software except “[email protected] Zs4” but if you know better software please tell. It should be free to use.

I forgot to say that the computer screen is concave, it is not a direct plane.

Attachments

It seems like you could make a simple plane with the video as a texture, and then animate the size, position, and alpha of the plane to get your desired effect. At the end, you could key frame the plane over to a non visible layer to clean up the render.
You could test this without applying the video texture first to get the placement and disappearance effect right.

Many thanks for quick reply. But I forgot to say that the computer screen will not be a direct plane but it will have bumps. The screen is not a plane only but it will be concave. The screen is very futuristic. Therefore the only solution is to use unwrapping. Can unwrapped texture image be a video? Could this video dance on the screen?

I hope I do not need Maya for this.

The theory is the same, as you will unwrap your mesh to get the uv coordinates, load your video as a texture, and in your map to panel, set it to ‘uv’ instead of ‘orco’. The shape of your mesh doesn’t matter - it will still work.

Cool. Many thanks. I will try to do this and lets see if I will be succesfull. Who needs Maya then? :slight_smile:

Hi,

I have done a modeling and assigned materials…for next I should do some animation…

I would like to upload my model but its size is 20 megabytes…do you know any server where I could upload it? If you have modeling somebody could help me much better…

I have many problems, I don’t know even where to start…please help me with this…

I should unwrap the model but it is very difficult task…the modeling is done with nurbs in Rhino and then it is converted to polygons and there are many polygons and unwrapping is really hard to do…

if the screen is a separate mesh, then select all the faces in uv select mode, make sure you are in the front view, and hit “U” to unwrap - you can choose project from view -stretch to bounds to get the mesh to fill the uv image editor , and then open the image you are mapping to. I would suggest trying a simple exercise first following the wiki pages on uv unwrapping, and then go about working on your project.

I usually use www.4shared.com for uploading blend files, then it gives you a link to copy and paste here to share from.

Thanks for reply…This could work. However I would like to share my model so you could see the problem better…I am looking for a proper server…

I hate to say it, but you could throw it up on rapidshare and share it that way. As much as I hate rapidshare, its good for quickies like this.

Hi to all…

I have this file now on the 4 shared here is the link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/28415014/af69a5a3/unwrapping_06.html

I have been trying to unwrap it and it helps if I do it in top view…however I cannot get the geometry unwrapped from the both sides of the modeling…which should be done. Furthermore I cannot get the imported image to show on the modeling…

The usual newbie problems…please take a look of the file…I will explain more of my problem when you have it, its easier this way…please help…

Okay, I have a little advice concerning this file:

1. Too many vertices - I think you could do without so many. My opinion only…
  2. To see the texture right away, enable ‘texface’ on the material tab.
  3. To use the texture, load it in the texture slots and click ‘uv’ in the map to panel instead of ‘orco’
  4. To preview, disable Ambient Occlusion and reduce the size of the render by at least half until you get it right…

Looks liek a solid work so far, so keep going !!

Here is a file which show what it should look like:

http://www.4shared.com/file/28424796/73ed45b7/TaunTaun7_edited-1.html?dirPwdVerified=1d0a7be5

I hope it makes more clear what it should look like in the end…its done with Rhino but should be done with Blender in order to animate it…

Yes its very heavy but that is because its converted from nurbs to poly…I had no choise…

The problem is how to get the unwrapping around the modeling while having some plastic parts to be without texturing…

Maybe you could select the faces that you want to unwrap, and in edit mode just hit ‘P’ to separate them and then parent them to the mesh - this way, you would only be unwrapping that mesh and mapping to the image, and you would find it easier to observe the section by itself in local view, change the other objects materials easier, etc. Just a thought :slight_smile:

Craigo
ps. that last link says it is invalid - probably needs to be updated again