Isometropolis PD

Car scene with more details including markup. I think the image composition is loosing focus a bit.

A new scene sketched out. Really liking the Windows Leonardo app for drawing.

2 Likes

Spent a while experimenting with a stylised cloud material. Now settled with a simple volume material with displacements, Voronoi for the bulbous shape and Hybrid Multifractal for little whisps, scaled and masked with Noise. Mesh created with metaballs, then converted to mesh.

10 Likes

I Like it awesome,

1 Like

Really nice work. The squad car animation is so satisfying.

1 Like

Those clouds look awesome! Just wondering what’s that ‘Flakey Bits’ node? I imagine it’s a custom one?

1 Like

It’s a Musgrave texture node, I coloured and renamed to find it easier. :slight_smile:

City scene with markup. Balance feels off at the moment.

5 Likes

Time to re-ignite this project :smile:. I’ve written and storyboarded a ~5 minute short called “The Canary Case”, featuring a new and apt character.

Here’s the initial sketch with additional character with kitty friend. I really want to keep the geometric style for the characters but it sure makes it hard for them to deform.

7 Likes

I like the bird. How to make the feather?

Thanks, hair particles, using a feather object. One for the ‘belly’ and one for everywhere else.

New location built out. An early morning shot of the precinct. Thanks for any feedback.

10 Likes

I really love the rendering style of your scenes. Very inspirating!

1 Like

Awesome! I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work!
You definitely should make any full animation like a movie over 10 minutes at least!

1 Like

Thanks! A 5 minutes version is getting there.

1 Like

“This case just got blown wide open” - Hoping to get back to this project soon. I’ve been playing around with Mantaflow smoke sims and at the moment I’m finding it a bit of a painful task. Mantaflow seems more powerful, but for me, iterating on ideas is quite slow, I don’t recall having issues with the previous smoke sim options, but maybe I should be more patient, or invest in embergen :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I love the quality of your work - composition, color, lights.
How did you lighted this? I see one spotlight and maybe a HDRI? or some Area lights…

Thanks. Lit exactly as you described with the addition of black blocks to restrict light.

2 Likes

Love it! Very original intro!

Even though it’s from 2018, it still holds up well. This is great work.