issues with blender2.34 game engine

alright…having a little trouble with 2.34’s game engine features…

first off, ive tried about everything and i cant figure out how to get realtime shadows to work…you do use spotlights for this right?..and wait, whats this? i dont remember even seeing realtime shadows in the release notes on blender3d.org. :-? Unless im loosing my mind, i could have sworn i remember seeing realtime shadows being in the pre-release list of new features…i even saw a picture of this new feature…it is in the new version right?

Also, for some reason the alpha bug STILL EXISTS in all of my old files(files not made with 2.34)…I did some test .blends(which were created within 2.34) and the alpha bug is fixed…so for some reason only content created with 2.34 renders alpha faces in the correct order. The old files I tested were packed however, could this be the reason why the alpha bug still exists in my old files?

multi-texture support…i think i saw that in the pre-release features too, but its not in the final release notes…is this feature in 2.34? if so, how do you use it?

orthogonal cameras…ahh, this does seem to work! :slight_smile:

Sorry, shadows and multi-texture are not in 2.34. I don’t know why, but they aren’t.

Maybe so, I don’t know. Try unpacking them and see what happens.

Sorry, shadows and multi-texture are not in 2.34. I don’t know why, but they aren’t.[/quote]
how about because they weren’t done yet

the picture was in tuhpuu2 and it wasn’t made clear until later that this feature will not be in 2.34

why should shadows be solid black, slow, and require high end hardware?
[unless the shadoing method was changed [a lot of work] they will remain slow and requiring new hardware in tuhopuu2]

[I didn’t play with multitexturing but it was probably similarly not good enough]

Sorry, shadows and multi-texture are not in 2.34. I don’t know why, but they aren’t.

damn…guess thats why i couldnt figure out how to use them. :stuck_out_tongue:

uhh…

The game ran pretty much at normal speed when I did the shadows, and they were not solid black, but close to it.

uhh…

The game ran pretty much at normal speed when I did the shadows, and they were not solid black, but close to it.[/quote]

Yeah, if you disregard that your computer is probably faster than the one he used for testing.

hmm…i did some testing, and it doesnt seem like the alpha bug has been fixed in this release either…sigh…too bad, it really makes games look nasty when theres alot of alpha textures in a scene…

man, i wish there was more than one person working on the game engine. :-? …but hats off to Kester, atleast we do have someone working on it! :slight_smile:

To get alpha z-sorting active you must set the object with alpha to a material and that material must have Ztrans in orfer to work.

aha! fantastic! thanks for the tip sutabi. :slight_smile: