Italy - Ecuador

(S68) #1

1 - 0

First period, 7’

Vieri

2 -0

Firs period, 28’

again Vieri

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Stefano

(Schlops) #2

Haha, only seven left to beat Germanys 2002WC-record. And two for Vieri to take the lead vs. Klose 8) :wink:
But even I think that Italia will win the WorldCup (Totti rulez!!)
Any other comments? Sorry for you guys from Holland. :stuck_out_tongue:

(S68) #3

2-0

1st Italy’s match is over :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Stefano

(fullback) #4

Gosh! All this scoring without Baggio? The rest of the world might as well just go home. :wink:

Schlops wrote:

But even I think that Italia will win the WorldCup (Totti rulez!!)

Just wait 'till Wednesday when the U.S. clobbers Portugal. :o

Wait, I’m still asleep! Posting silly dreams doesn’t get you in trouble with the moderator does it?

(gargola) #5

There’s when you know a team is great. :slight_smile:

ps: games are too late here,next one is at 2:30 am!!! :o

(Schlops) #6

Sorry, I forgot: Tony Sanneh rulez, too! But the USA have no DelPierro, Inzaghi, Delvecchio, Buffon (!!), … So, no WorldCup for the USofA

(fullback) #7

Schlops wrote:

Sorry, I forgot: Tony Sanneh rulez, too! But the USA have no DelPierro, Inzaghi, Delvecchio, Buffon (!!), … So, no WorldCup for the USofA

Wasn’t expecting the championship, Schlops. I’m a realist. Maybe this time around we can win ONE game.

Tony plays for Hertha Berlin last time I checked. He is a solid player, but not someone to hang your hat on.

I’m normally not one who would participate in (or start) a flaming post, but I heard that the Portuguese are on their heels. Figo and Pauleta are both out with appendicitis — and of course there is the whole “nandralone” steroid scandal.

I also heard that the Senegalese “witch doctors” have a grudge against the Portugal coach.

(kos) #8

errrrr…don’t you guys mind anything who are from italy…i don’t like the style of play of that team(tooooo defensive).i would like to see argentina or england( :-? ) winning the world cup!

(fullback) #9

kos wrote:

errrrr…don’t you guys mind anything who are from italy…i don’t like the style of play of that team(tooooo defensive).i would like to see argentina or england( ) winning the world cup!

Everybody is (tooooo defensive) during the world cup (except the Saudi’s maybe). The Catanazio (spelling?) defense is rather prevalent because nobody wants to be the goat and keep their team from advancing. Witness the poor soul from Columbia in '94 who was murdered because he gave up an “auto goal”!

I will be rooting for the Limey’s as well. Even if David Beckham doesn’t change his hair-style. What is the story behind that ridiculous “frustrated” mohawk 'do?

(Green) #10

aero dynamics… thats what its for :slight_smile:

(fullback) #11

Green Wrote:

aero dynamics… thats what its for

You mean like the vertical stabilizer on an aircraft?

OK, that’s legit. :smiley:

Maybe he should view IamInnocent’s upcoming P-40/UV texturing tutorial. In his spare time!

(gargola) #12

[email protected]!! he he! :smiley:

(S68) #13

Catenàccio [pr. KatenAcheeo K as in Key, a as in hAm, t as in Tender, e as in mEn, n as in caN, stressed a as in Ham, cc is soft c as in CHurch but mor enfathized, ee as in sEE, o as in All]

:slight_smile:

Stefano

(Schlops) #14

Well, Trappatonis style is very defensive, but it is no Catenàccio. Italy has great offensive players, Tottis performance vs. Ecuador was amazing (okay, forget the second half, the game was over right after Vieri made the second goal)

He now plays for 1.FC Nürnberg, the best team ever :wink: For the most part of the season he played on the right side, that was the wrong position. But the last games he played a central defensive position, very good!
BTW: You’re a football(soccer) fan and call yourself “fullback”?? :o

(fullback) #15

S68 wrote:

Catenàccio [pr. KatenAcheeo K as in Key, a as in hAm, t as in Tender, e as in mEn, n as in caN, stressed a as in Ham, cc is soft c as in CHurch but mor enfathized, ee as in sEE, o as in All]

Thanks. I am now “hooked on phonics”. :smiley:

Schlops wrote:

Well, Trappatonis style is very defensive, but it is no Catenàccio.

I agree. Catenaccio is probably too strong a term for Italy’s style. They don’t really “pack the box” as we used to say. I still think World Cup teams think “defense” first though — especially if they score early.

BTW: You’re a football(soccer) fan and call yourself “fullback”??

Unfortunately, out here in California, that was the term used to identify a player on the back line. It doesn’t have anything to do with American football which I detest and find rather boring. I suppose I could have used “centraldefender” as a nic, but Kib-Typh would have penalized me for having too many letters and I would have ended up with something like “centraldefe”. :frowning: Too confusing! Maybe I will just change it to the number I wore… 5.

(malefico) #16

If my calculations and predictive analysis (?) are correct, Italy should play the final with Argentina. And hopefully loose :wink:

US folks, beware of Portugal. They’re good…

malefico.

(fullback) #17

malefico wrote:

If my calculations and predictive analysis (?) are correct, Italy should play the final with Argentina. And hopefully loose

You still have to play the English. That ought to be a good game — on the field I mean. What happens in the stands is another question. I remember (vaguely) the Mexico World Cup and the match between your country and the English being marred by some serious fan violence. Understandable I guess, given the time period.

Be warned however, the security at this WC has taken some “unusual” measures to prevent a repeat of that kind of activity.

Just hit the big red “play” button on the right.

US folks, beware of Portugal. They’re good…

They are going to abuse us.

(gargola) #18

Shoot! :o

(Schlops) #19

Nah, England has one very weak point: David Seaman. No good goalie, no WC. (Gosh, that means Italy-Germany is the final). That’s the reason why France will be out very soon (1st round?). Barthez is far away from good shape.
So kids, have to leave now. Only two hours left till the start of the next GGG-Show (Germanys Great Goal).[/quote]

(fullback) #20

It’s 3 am and it’s 3-1 US. Whooopie! :smiley:

I have to slow my heart down a bit!