It's been a long, long time since I posted anything

(Briggs) #1

Hey all, been a long (over a year I think) time since I posted anything I made in blender. Just finished work on a project.

http://www.concentric.net/~Rufertto/Geoff/pez.jpg

He’s fully rigged for animation, but dont expect to see any of that anytime soon. On my p144 laptop it’s hardly bearable to even pose him.

Comments and criticisms welcomed (be brutal but fair!)

(basse) #2

heh, love the teeth… look like something from wallace+gromit movies… :slight_smile: nice model. great light and colours.

the only thing that seems somehow strange is that the peek looks a bit short, and is coming from inside the head… looks like, he has a nose on top of the peek, and then the peek itself looks like a mouth only… :slight_smile:
and the belly however, is embosed… or how should I say it… the white area is on top of the black… it should be anotherway around, or flat. ?

anyways… this is a comical character, cartoony, so none of this matters…

.b

(pofo) #3

Great model!

A bow tie would top it off

1. pofo

(anti) #4

Woah.

Nice.
The eyes seem a bit “dead” but that might be intentional.

Can you make an old version of him ?

Would make a great mascot for one of my sites… :wink:

(DreamMaster) #5

Yeah I know I already gave you some comments when I was online in #Blenderchat - but I must say it’s a CUTIE! ROFL! :slight_smile:

Anyways, GET A NEW COMPUTER! It’s a pain in neck to even model it if you say that it takes forever to pose him! gives him some $$$ Here ya go, off to shop!

(blengine) #6

haha that rocks! coolest penguin ive ever seen… tell that linux penguin to shuv off =)
guns, give it guns! then we’ll see how cute it is dm :wink:

(pofo) #7

Yeah! guns would be cool. Let’s see this dude in a classical terminator pose saying ‘hasta la vista herring’.

Use this if you like
http://w1.185.telia.com/~u18510119/objects.html
(that goes for anybody else who might want to use it too of course)

1. pofo

(Freid) #8

He is cute !

Freid

(stephen2002) #9

funny little character.

from the angle, His beak looks like he ran into one to many walls.

The eyes are just empty blackness…would be more alive if you gave it the normal eye parts.

(Briggs) #10

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! I really appreciate the feedback :slight_smile:

haha that rocks! coolest penguin ive ever seen… tell that linux penguin to shuv off =)
guns, give it guns! then we’ll see how cute it is dm

I’ll tell you something funny, the design for this guy evolved from a t-shirt design I did for some guy who wanted a linux t-shirt about… well 6 years ago I think. I didn’t like Larry Ewings penguin at all so I drew one that looked cooler to me. Anyway when I needed a design for a penguin character I just took the one I drew for the t-shirt. Originally his head was a lot shorter and over time it just kind of… grew.

And he will be given a gun as soon as I get free time to model it :slight_smile: (He’s a private investigator, so he needs a gun! The characters name is ‘Pez Trinket’ BTW. Stupid name I know.)

The eyes are just empty blackness…would be more alive if you gave it the normal eye parts.

I think this would look really funny given the oblong nature of the eyes. I never thought of it, but your not the first to comment on it. I will have to keep that in mind and see if it still looks like that when hes animated. Thanks for constructive criticism.

Anyways, GET A NEW COMPUTER! It’s a pain in neck to even model it if you say that it takes forever to pose him! gives him some $$$ Here ya go, off to shop!

Would you believe that it’s a lot faster modelling him than posing him? he’s only a mid range density subsurf cage. The skeletal system has what seems to be well over 80 bones and a good chunk of those are constraint driven.

(theeth) #11

Actually, I kinda like the black eyes. With the specularity on it, it looks as if they were humid or something.

Also, if you want to do a killer penguin, you have the wrong finger raised 8)

Martin