9mm Luger

with different bullets:

full metal jacket
jacketed hollow point
soft point
lead round nose
semi-jacketed hollow point
oh, and one lead wadcutter bullet :wink:

Modelled in blender 2.62, rendered in 2.63 testbuild 1.
Postpro in Blender and Gimp

Johannes

Attachments

1 Like

The delicate use of DOF is very nice.

Looking pretty good. My only comments are to use a higher resolution texture for the “floor” with an accompanying normal map. Also, add some interest to the composition by having some cartridges tipped over. And as I just noticed, the cartridges don’t seem to be casting any shadows. Adding some shadows may make the scene more interesting.

Very nice! Love the DOF usage. :smiley:

hmm, not one of my usual favorite subjects, but this is one of the more interesting bullet scenes I’ve seen. Good job.

Good job! I keep seeing more and more bullet scenes as i look through Finished Projects. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you all.

NOTE: i’m not some gun-lover, it was more a modeling and shading exercise than anything else.

@Empereol: you are right. I was focused on modeling and shading the cartridged
and havent paid close attention to the floor.
Also the lack of shadows is because the lights come from top (some kind of studio setup with a few planes as light emitters)

The next time (maybe today or tomorrow) i try to make it better

Johannes

Hi, i’m back.
Update in the first post.

Please give c&c

I had a hard time with fireflies, but i found a nice workaround for Gimp.
If someone is interested in:

Attachments

Nice scene and very useful quick-tip :slight_smile: What do you think about creating an image like this http://www.c3protect.com/images/common/firearms/bullets.jpg ? It would be great teaching aid in my school :wink:

Fantastic update. I think the added “randomness” of the tipped cartridges and soft shadows really make the scene more interesting. And the better texture on the floor really helps sell it.

Great job!