Had an idea for a thread. Blender related, but not really news or anything so I’ve put it here. Really basic. What have you used Blender for? The more interesting the use the better. I’ve tried quite a few uses, so I’ll get the ball rolling.
I’ve used Blender for…
- Modelling a model for a fashion show (In progress actually. Sounds funny as a sentence…)
- Modelling for jewellery production (Computer milled wax model for casting. Price was a bit much at the time as I was a student, so I hand carved the model in the end anyway.)
- Modelling for a game
- Modelling and animation for short films
- Creating print graphics (last three pretty standard compared to the rest)
- Home-brew Motion Capture experiments (2 good webcams and open source or demo software. Getting closer, but nothing useable yet. Anyone who has had success with this sort of thing, let me know!)
- Creating website graphics
- Started a bit of archetectural previs/walkthrough once, but client cancelled it as too many design changes were being made regularly.
- Full production of an interactive DVD project (First university project I switched to doing fully in Blender rather than Max or Maya. Probably more important to my direction as an artist than I gave it credit for at the time).
Other stuff I’ve thought of but haven’t carried out yet include making collectable type statuettes via something like ‘Shapeways’ and designing T-shirts with nicely rendered funny characters and such.
Anyways, share your uses for our favourite little app!