Jackass: number two

Before you read this thread: If jackass or it’s content offends you, and you’re here merely to bash the stupidity of the movies or series, go away. Make your own thread for that. This will not turn into a flamewar between the dumbass highschool/colledge kids who like it and the apparently sensible adults that find it offensive.

Now that that's out of the way, I went to see it last night with some freinds (we're 14 so I had to show them how to sneak in. all went well.)  and I thought it was awesome. There were a few things missing (partyboy, skateboarding wonkas) but apparently they'll be in the dvd because they had a crapload of stuff that they couldn't put into the movie due to time restrictions.

So what are your thoughts on the movie?

I didn’t actually see it, but looking at the commercials it looks very interesting.

I mean how often do you see a guy ride a rocket?

I wish i could do stupid shit, make a movie about it and earn millions…

I used to do “jackass” stuff all the time with some friends before the first film came out and unfortunately we never got famous for it. Lots of good memories came from it though so a few scrapes and bruises were worth it.

what ur not understanding is that those guys are profesionals, they do it for a living and not just for fun, plus all of them proly went throu stunt training as to not kill themselfs

but i gota admit they do some crazy shit

Jackass is a sad contemporary on our culture today, and probably responsible for at least a couple fo hunderd serious injuries across the U.S.

Maybe that’s why I like it so much.

“Jackass is a sad contemporary on our culture today”

Uh, what? Malapropism alert…

I haven’t seen it yet, but I’m planning to go soon. I haven’t heard great reviews (from people, not critics) but I’m still hoping that it will be a fun watch.

I actually have no idea what contemporary means. Or for that matter, malapropism. But it isn’t something I see as getting uptight about.

rofl

edit:
this doesn’t cast a positive light on homeschooling. i mean, come on, contemporary. :frowning:

Bud, you’re being stupid. It’s one word, put in a sentence that wasn’t at all serious. If you’re really going to get all prissy about a simple english mistake, then you need to get out more.

And by the way, generalizing isn’t very nice, and makes you look kind of like a jackass. You should probably avoid that.

yeah i saw it, funny stuff. especially the bulls

bad grandpa

i laughed so hard at that.

i wanna see it… :slight_smile:

LMAO, have you been reading the dictionary?

… the farce is strong with this one.

Martyj: I think the word you meant was contemplatory, er no contaminatibley, contestically? j/k I’m just yankin’ ya, I believe it’s commentary.

Jackass is ok and I think it’s about as far as it should go. We have a show in the UK called Dirty Sanchez, which takes it to a more extreme level: eating pizza with various strangers’ pubic hair on it and throwing up over it and then still eating it, nailing the bits between thumb and fingers to a table, putting fish hooks into earlobes attached to logs and throwing the logs off a cliff, jumping naked into a field of nettles. You get the idea.

BINGO! I thought it might be somewhere in that ballpark.

It totally cranks me up when they say “trained professionals” to
a show like this. :rolleyes:

I too saw the one when they ate that “special-pizza” and almost
threw up myself as well, that is SO disgusting - I have no words to
describe it.

I don’t get Dirty Sanchez. It’s a really bad show and lacks the humor that made JackAss popular.

Totally agree, man. Putting staplers in your nutsack just doesn’t do it for me.

Some voltage on your nutsack however…

Uh, what? Malapropism alert…

Heh, good call.

Bud, you’re being stupid. It’s one word, put in a sentence that wasn’t at all serious. If you’re really going to get all prissy about a simple english mistake, then you need to get out more.

Just as a note for the future, don’t use words you don’t know. Particularly when you can find out what they mean in 2 minutes while on the internet. Oh, and VK didn’t generalise, read what he said again.

Totally agree, man. Putting staplers in your nutsack just doesn’t do it for me.

Indeed, was rather nasty that. The pube pizza was awful though.

Actually I only had to use the dictionary to check my spelling. Malapropism is one of the words that I previously thought was never used outside of an English classroom.

MartyJ:
Chill dude I’m just messing with ya. I was homeschooled too ya know.