Jade - Backyard House

Hello,
here’s another house rendering I’ve done for Backyard ADUs. Rendered with Cycles, 700 samples.

The project on Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/EVoLd0

41 Likes

Cant understand nobody replied this.

Fantastic renders. :+1:t4: :+1:t4:

2 Likes

Thank you! I guess people got bored of these because it’s the 3rd house I made for this company and they all look kinda similar.

1 Like

But it’s really photo-realistic.
Do you mind share some lighting tips?

1 Like

Ah I really love your work.
I would also love to know your workflow or just any tips on basically anything you did.

1 Like

@Bao_Richard Thank you! You should use good quality HDRI images (I got mine from Poliigon but HDR Haven is also amazing and more importantly, free). Don’t try to expose everything evenly because that will make your scene flat and uninteresting. Play with the shadows and remember that you can always bump them up in post later on.

@okm1123 Thanks, mate! I don’t think there’s something special about my workflow. I try to get a lot of inspiration from real-life photos and other people’s works on i.e. Behance.

Don’t try to fake stuff that you can’t fake well. I see that people often make wall siding by applying a siding texture on a flat wall but it never looks right. If you can model something that will make a positive difference, do it.

Also, if you’re not a beginner anymore, don’t try to model everything yourself. Since I started using paid assets my working speed increased dramatically which allows me to complete more projects in less time and with each project completed I learn something new so basically, I’m learning faster by being lazy… But if you’re just beginning working in 3D software, try to do stuff yourself because otherwise, you will never improve.

5 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Great work! Just one question, if you lit everything with HDR, how come you are able to bump shadows up in post? As far as I am concerned shadow pass does not work for HDR images?

1 Like

Just start color correction your image. Enough tools to darken shadows, play with highlights, hue and saturation etc. :wink:

Fantastic job !

2 Likes

@bartv Thank you so much!

@mookie3d Thank you! Exactly as @RobWu says, I do it in photoshop.

@BD3D Thanks, mate!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Bart! You too!

1 Like

dayum, you can post this on realtor

:wink:

1 Like

Hey man, this is simply awesome! I loved your latest renders, they just look like out of an american movie! Great job :smiley:

1 Like

@dontworry Thanks, I wish :smile:

@Yukon Thank you, I’m glad they look that way to you because that was my client’s main request.

1 Like