Jaguar XKR-S

thanks @ctdabomb for posting all this plus the wires… really helps alot to see wire on some stuff like this… looks great!

Thanks! I’m glad the wires help.

A bit more done, and now for those bumps and the door.

I need to do a Car one of these days… I haven’t done one since my Lightwave days…

your inspiring me there ctdabomb

I really like it. these parts are superb. keep working!

Hi,

very nice, I agree with Norvman : thanks for the wires, it helps a lot ! Keep up the good work.

Thank you guys! your comments inspire me a lot.
One thing I am not sure about, which rims should I go with?
The standard ones?
or the HRE P101 series?

HRE for sure. I personally never thought the stock rims looked as good as they could (they are still pretty nice though). If not HRE, I’d go something ADV.1, but those P101s look really nice.

So I finally had some time, and modelled the tire. It isn’t 100% accurately detailed, and the sidewall texture isn’t the correct one, but they shouldn’t be noticed so I am happy with it.
I spent some time working on my shader for it, and while it is improved, it isn’t the best. Any critiques please?
Textures by Exidge.

Dude… rreally nice material on them tires…
great texturing… mind sharing the textures? the dirt one?
i would like to experiment with it as well

either way good going, really want to see the end result off this project.

When I saw the third image, my mouth literally dropped open. Great Job!

Those tires look great!

Those tires are amazing!

Woah! thank you very much, I’m surprised at the response (and very grateful). I guess they must be a bit better.
I am working some more on the tire, and should have an update on that soon.
I also modelled the rim, but messed it up something bad, and will probably have to redo it. Rims don’t seem to be my strong spot at the moment.
pranavjitvirdi: the textures are from here: smcars.net/categories/textures.343/ I’m interested to see what you come up with. Google search also has some stuff.
Edit: I forgot to mention, I made a normal map to go with the other textures.

Update on the tires. still not the best. Any critiques?

think your texture on tires are looking great! Tire surfaces can look radically different than one might think… but the one you have choosen I think looks really good for those nice performance type tires that are still realitvely new…

Just download some picks of racing tires to see all the variations…
Compare Brand Spankin’ new ones to some worn out blown out tires and see what I mean…

Yea, these tires definitely look rather old and dried out, but we will see how they turn out in the renders.
I added the wheels to the car, but I might redo them again, I’ve remodelled some parts a couple times, but they still don’t look the best…

The door still needs to be fixed, but I have no clue how it is supposed to be. Time to get some more reference photos.

So I finally started to fix the door, and though better, still needs finishing.
I think I fixed the wheels’ position here.
Here is a quick test render. I realize the bump on the disks is too much, and I think the headlight covers are wrong.

Amazing car so far! I love it!

Although your tire material noise texture is too big, the big black blotches look unrealistic.
/uploads/default/original/4X/4/8/d/48d1cdfc6989910eaa069acfed3d25e93883f85b.jpgd=1419376023&thumb=1

In the latest render, the reflections look to “hard”. It makes the tires look a bit to plastic-y.

If you want to push the textures a little farther, I would add dirt to the tread. Make the tire contact surface lighter then the rest.

Good luck with the car! :smiley:

Need some shadow on your ground plane… that will help to blend your object in with it’s enviorment…

Thanks for the suggestions.
I haven’t lost interest in this, just time. Here are a few randoms from the last time I posted.

I’m really seeing some errors especially in the rims and door handle. Still need to figure out how to fix them