Japanese Apartment in Tokyo

I live near a building called the Nakagin Capsule Tower in Tokyo and I thought it might be fun to try and replicate it. The main focus with this is working in Cycles and getting the lighting to work. Still a few issues here and there but I’m happy how it turned out in the end.

WOW, it is photorealistic I think, great work!

I love it! Just curiosity, how many samples did you use?

Oh man this looks absolutely amazing!

Very nice! I recommend you to increase the samples - the noise is still too pronounced.

I’m sickening in love with the Nakagin Capsule Tower!

Oh btw… great lighting. You’ve reproduced your references pics well.
That’s the correct way to improve personal lighting skills & photorealism, reproduce photos.
Not to use settings, setups and hacks that you’ve seen in other projects made by others posted here.
http://ok.com/images/icons/thumbs-up.png

Nice work! Little question though, not as a critique, but just because i’m curious. :slight_smile: Is there a kitchen-part to the apartment? Or is this room the only room? :slight_smile:

nice shots!! I agree that noise is too much…apart from that, the other thing that bother me is the bright reflection in the first image.
Anyway a good job!

About the Capsule Tower I read that is planned to dismantle and build a new tower…is it right?

Hey guys thanks for the messages.

I used 5000 samples with indirect clamp at 3 and a light portal. Even then as you can see some grain remains. However I think it sort of adds to the ambience of the scene. I might try to render again and see if i can get it clean but I don’t know how many more samples would do it.

The Nakagin Capsule Tower apartment’s are really quite small. If I can find the time I’d like to model out the opposite side of the room to complete it. The contained shower bathroom compartment and front door. I’m actually going to visit there soon and try and take some interior photos for reference of my own. It’s still planned for demolish but there’s a small group of people that are trying to halt that.

Great Work!