Jedi Sentinel

Hi guys, here is my latest artwork to celebrate the Star Wars day (May 4th)
This project was to try the new geometry nodes hair system, and ended up as what she is now.
Rendered in cycles, final touch in Photoshop.

She is a Jedi Sentinel (from a different timeline of Star Wars Legends).
Control and focus are the hallmarks of the Jedi Sentinel. Through years of training, the Sentinel learns the art of using two lightsabers simultaneously to create an intricate web of damage that is almost impossible to evaded.
I hope you guys like it.

“Where there is life, there is hope.”
May the Force be with you.

Ref boards:

75 Likes

Really love this! Amazing!

3 Likes

This looks great, thank you for sharing!

I especially appreciate the random color viewport render. My biggest struggle with clothes is always the decision when to sculpt a single clothes-mesh, and when to separate the parts of a particular piece of clothing out into multiple meshes. E.g. I would have sculpted top and bottom of the robe in the same mesh, but of course separating it makes placing the belt easier I guess. Would you have any tips on your approach?

Also, is the shoulder drape and the robe bottom “cloth-simmed” or did you sculpt that, too?

1 Like

It is indeed tricky to sculpt the clothes, the robe was one mesh when I first did the block out. But then I had to separate them based from the robe reference that I want to follow. For me it is easier that way because I will have more control for each part of the clothing. Almost everything is manually sculpted, I tried the cloth sim and that gave me a hard time since the density of the mesh is quite too much. I use cloth brush as well to get the folds that I want, and I continue from there.

5 Likes

Ah, I’ve had a hard time to get the cloth brush to do what I want, but I will give it another try. Thank you very much for your explanations!

2 Likes

Amazing well done

1 Like

@DrFaust
PixelicaCg have a really good tutorial on how to use the cloth brush that you can check them out on youtube.

@AIK thank you!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you Bart. May the fourth be with you.

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you @bartv :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Impressive work!

1 Like

Well done.

1 Like

Stunning model and love the outfit you have created. Really well done. Was that done with marvelous designer?

1 Like

Thank you, everything was done in Blender. Traditional plane modeling and multires modifier.

3 Likes

This is truly masterful work! I aspire to be able to do something like this someday.

1 Like