Jeremy's Sketchbook

Thumbnail

Hello, I’ve recently been doing a lot of experimenting with Freestyle and NPR images. Originally, I was trying to replicate my real-life hand drawn style- which is fairly sketchy/blueprinty, but with some comic book thrown in, but this keeps evolving into it’s own look, which I’ve enjoyed messing with quite a lot.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy looking through some of my sketches.

15 Likes

I like this shader a lot :slight_smile: any chance you could add a breakdown of it? I look forward to seeing more of your work

3 Likes

Thanks! It’s a fairly involved shader (50+ nodes), which I may do more in depth commentary on later, but the basic idea is as follows:

1. Convert shader to rgb to grayscale.
  2. Modulate with noise and 3 layers of voronoi textures (varying size and randomness).
  3. Add that result to, and use as a factor, to 3 layers of randomly oriented hatching, progressively overlaid based on lightness.
  4. Final color grading and then output.
  5. Combine that with 4 layers of Freestyle outlining, one black, one white, and two for sketch/construction lines.

Also new render for today:

9 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks, you as well!

This is a putter I’d like to actually make in the real world. Maybe someday I’ll get around to it…

4 Likes

Working on a new shader to look more like a Copic marker / digital sketch look. It’s coming along decently so far. I think this would be cool for creating like a “retroactive previs” concept art, based on an existing model.

4 Likes

Lamborghini Aventador-- one of my favorite cars.

4 Likes

Trying out some cartoon styled shaders. Still very much WIP.

2 Likes

Finally getting back to working on some blender projects… here’s a silly sci-fi-sippy-cup idea I’ve been messing around with for practice.

1 Like

More lamborghini aventador “sketches”

5 Likes