Jewellery part modelling

Hello guys, tell me someone please, how to make such a link in a blender? I’ve already made the link itself, but I don’t know how to divide it, it is necessary to preserve the proportions, that is, not just remove a couple of polygon rings, but disconnect the li

IMG_20191009_192637 nk!

you could add a bevel curve circle and modify in edit mode then modify points to get the proper shape !

happy bl

1 Like

If im understanding your post correctly, you want to create a gap in your model without removing anything?

2 Likes

Yes, exactly!)

1 Like

for a clean gap you can use the bisect tool !

happy bl

1 Like

Thank you, I did so, then double-clicking v disconnected the mesh, but how can I push it a little without changing the proportions?

make another cut !

happy bl

1 Like

select the edge loop and bevel it, then remove the inner faces.

This way I will remove part of the geometry, and I need to separate the part and push it a little apart without deleting anything.

just refill the faces

Please explain in more detail the whole process that I need to perform, I did not quite understand you. Sorry, my English is not very good, I use google translator …

If you select the edge and bevel it you can adjust the bevel width between to be the width you require, and delete these faces to leave a gap of the right width. You then simply need to fill in the faces to close off the ends of the link.

1 Like