Joe's dinner

I made this for Challenge #412 and i need some critique:spin:

Interesting concept! For starters I think you should add some windows to the diner. As it is now I’m not sure if those circles in the burger are meant to be windows, but if they are, glass is important. Second, for me to eat at a diner that looks like a giant burger I’d want the burger to look delicious! I’d add all the toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc. Third, I’d recommend looking at some shots of the burgers from the movie “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.” Those burgers looked really great. Oh and maybe make the sign glow a bit with a halo or indirect lighting. Good luck!

agreed with slick. You need some window and in the inside you could just place a textured something, you don’t need to model everything. the fire looks a bit strange to me. I know it’s really hard to make good looking cg fire, maybe you could find some tutorial (I think blenderguru just created one about explosions). i would make the bread a bit brighter and add the little dots on the top (I don’t know how they’re called in english, sorry). just see the image below.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dzRlHLUhLXw/SZPUFCblxYI/AAAAAAAAA2o/QumBvfm2dZ0/s400/mcchicken.jpg

@joni
I think you mean sesame seeds?

Yes, I agree with what slick said. A lip-smack-able like burger exterior would definitely make me want to munch away inside it. Try painting the flame in Gimp or PS. Or use simulations, Blenderguru has made one recently. Made the sign glow a bit, like neon signs.

Thanks for the comments and started to recast. This is the first job that I can show in front of a larger community.