Jorge de Burgos

Hi everyone. This is an old work made in blender for rendering in another package, but i just wanted to see the potential of blender right now. Its mostly a test and i know it has a lot of flaws, but it never was meant to be “art” so please bear with me. I posted a wip image some time ago showing the early stages, so maybe somone of you remember it. All critics and comments are very welcome, but i’m a bit tired of it and i want to start another project so probably it will remain as it is. I enjoyed a lot rendering and shading with cycles, it’s an awesome piece of software that only lacks of some speed boosts and minor adds like light blockers and things like that (the adaptive branch is very cool also).

Anyway, the most technnical thing of this work is a quick and dirty fleshy eye rig to pose the eyes to make him look to camera. All done inside blender. meh, nothing new after all, hope you like it.

:slight_smile: nice work!

Just can’t stop wondering how you manage to do such renderings… Amazing!

really beautiful! I especially like the eyes, the are amazing! Can you post something about them? Like the geometry setup and material? Would be great! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on the render!

EDIT: oh no… I wanted to rate 5 stars the thread but I am afraid I clicked bad and just before hitting vote I clicked on one star… I do not know what I voted in the end, but I cannot change it now. Can mods check this and eventually change the vote to 5 stars?

Beautiful work.
Excellent

Spectacular… really nice the wrinkles arround the ayes and neck…
Like it a lot!!!

Thank you for sharing your art!!!
:wink:

Saludos desde los Madriles
Best regards from Madrid

very nice, eyes look very convincing :slight_smile:

Thank you guys, i’'l post some info about the eyes this afternoon.

Great work. One of the coolest portraits made in Blender I`ve seen.

This is soooooo awesome! I wish I’d be able to do something like that. You sculpted using a graphics tablet?

No words…

Awesome…
God bless you…