`~\,._Junkyard Prophecy_.,/~` Animated short*UPDATED*

Hey, yeah, its me again. heres yet another project. But this one is seriuos. I actually have a story, a plan. As compared to always jumping in with nothing.
This is the story of some outcast robots that live in a junkyard. They find out(thru a vision) that their small world will soon be incerated, to make space for the ever expanding Robot Civilization. It is also the story of a middleclass doctor robot, who becomes an Outcast, and how his perspective of these misfits.
Its a relatively simple idea. Ive got some concept art (which i may post).
Ive already modeled the doctor robot(main character) His name is Fray, I modeled, rigged, and texured him over the last few hourswhew, and so
heres a little perspective shot, with a little bit of iffy DoF.

So, thanks for checkin this out, all C&C welcome.
peace
Drew
edit sorry you have to download them, im having trouble hosting them…any good hostsites(other than putfile) thx :slight_smile:

Attachments

http://www.savefile.com/files/220132

This is some concept art. Just a few minute sketches(and a you can see, my spelling could use some work). Thx for looking.
peace
Drew
PS Im working on the second from left robot right now. only rigging and texturing left.

Attachments

http://www.savefile.com/files/220381

This is the next character, pretty much the same texture wise, but Ill be working on that. He’s named Brek. All C&C welcome
peace
Drew

Attachments

pics in the second 2 posts don’t seem to be working, but the first post pic lookg good, i’ld like to se more. If your are just posting pics, add them as attachments to the post, rather than trying to host them somewhere.

—Shamem

Alright, there we go, added all the pix as attachments, thx/sry shamem.
peace
Drew

Your robots look great keep it up.

haha, im curious to how this will end. How long is it going to be?

The dof is too strong in the first pic, I cant really see his shape.

Yeah, ill put up a couple without dof. The end will be… a surprise… Thats all Ill say ;). At this point I have most of the story taken care of. I still need dialogue…and Ill be posting some walk cycles. It will prob be 3-5 minutes long.
peace
Drew

Alright, This is a set that will be used mostly for a fly thru at the begining.
Its still pretty barren, the hunks, are molten metal, hardened trash, and obviously ive got a little wood and some pipes. All c&c welcome…
Definatley lots of room to add and improve.
peace
Drew

Attachments

Alright, did a little work on the Junkyard, added some dead trees, played with the lighting a little. I think it looks way better already.
All C&C welcome
Peace
Drew

Attachments

All right, character #1 is remarkebly…well he seems kinda evil. Your plot for the movie seems good though. Your set is well lit, but needs some more small objects, like broken cars, and used appliances as well as heaps of trash. Anyways, I thought I’d say those even though I am sure you are working on all of them since it is a WIP. Can’t wait to see the ending of this movie. Keep up the good luck.

yeah, still working on minor junk objects. The characters look evil at first glance(especially # 2 in my opinon) Ill be working on mellowing them out…
thx everyody
Drew

Hey drew,

For hosting your images try Imageshack. It worked pretty well for me.
Just upload the image, copy the link into the post, there you are:D

This is a crazy character you made there, it’s a “tripod”, isn’ it ?
I’d love to see a walkcycle !

The junkyard has a cool atmosphere, some more dirt and dust and stuff
would be nice since i guess you are going for a rather ragged style, aren’t
you ?

After all, a really goor start IMO, i’m really curious where this one leads to
BTW, if i can be of any help, just let me know!!! I don’t will have to
much time in the near future, but anyways, i think i got the idea of your
movie and like it a lot. So, if i can support you somehow …

defstone

Thanks a lot man, i catually have a place to host my pix, only recently did i decide to host the vids for download. Thre tripod is a crazy model for walking(im considering making him a flying character, if you notice, he has a small jet engine between his legs). but i am working out the bugs in his walk.
Hint, dont use 3 legged characcters in your movies. As i said bfore, the set is a WIP, still a lot to do
if i ever nedd help def, ill ask you
peace
DRew

Alright, long time no see, heres a little lipsync for the character Dr. Fray(this is after hes resided in the junkyard for a week or so). Its the start of a character Intro form my point of view, because Im doing the voice of this particular character. Hence me stating my name, the next lines will be something like…" and I play the voice of blah blah blah".

So, here it is, Im pretty happy with the lip/body sync

http://savefile.com/files/247165

Thanks, C&C welcome as always, hope to get more work done with this faster.

Peace
Drew

Alright…
I think that it looks really great. I especially like the look of the eyes…kind of a fly look to em. I also love the way he looks, much more than the stills you posted earlier. The only things I see wrong are, his manerisms - he seems nervous. I know he doesn’t have any hands, and you are trying to say hi with his leg…but looks like he is trying to get out of trouble. The other thing…is the sound, you may want to try to get rid of the how do say…when you talk you can hear the air hitting the microphone, sounds unprofessional. Keep it up though…it looks great.

yah, I couldnt find my popfilter for my mike, Ill work on that audio.

And thanks, he actually is supposed somewhat nervous. But yeah, He does look a little jumpy now that I look at it. Thanks for the feedback, Ill be updating again in a day or so.
peace
Drew

Hey Drew,

can’t wait to see you latest lipsync movie !!! i’m @work now so i can’t download it right now, but i’ll get it as soon as i’m @home again…

BTW, which codec do you use ?

def

I render straight to AVI raw, then stuck it in my movie editing software and export as .mov. Thanks for all the feedback, more to come soon!
peace
Drew

I can’t really give a honest opinion until I see dialoge with more length. The end of the test he hobbles on the third leg, giving the aperance of floating. also the speed at with the animation was set at made it look as if there were only a few blend shapes that were being morphed in between. That being said, the animation over all was very good, and the model is great!