Just a Question

How Hard Is Learning Blender…do you have any Answer for that ? If yes go Ahead and Tell me

Why Everyone on Youtube who Teachs Blender are going Extremly Fast while doing Tutorials and don’t tell what key they selected or what tool they are using Except ONE channel called Tutor4u IT’s the ONLY ONE on Youtube who goes on Tutorials very Slowly and goes Step by Step and Explain Every Single Step Accurately but the Problem Is The channel has Few Tutorials and It’s not Enough to master Blender with All my Respect to Tutor4u (He made an Amazing Job)

but Unfortunately ALL the other channels who do Blender Tutorials are going Insanely Fast and they don’t know that there’s A Lot to Explain on Every Single STEP, Tell me how to master this Great Software (Blender) without Any Tutorial ???..How to Learn to make your model ???..the most Important Question Is HOW did the Youtubers who does Blender Learned Blender ???..from Another Channel ???..okay Let’s say they Learned from the other Channel…From where did the FIRST channel who does Blender Tutorials Learned Blender ???..can you please Answer This Question

And Yes I Have The Basics of Blender because the Basics Tutorials of Blender were completely Clear but the Problem Is EVEN Though If I Complete the Basics Videos about Blender…NO Matter What…I Still CANNOT Follow the Advanced Tutorials…There’s No Way…and I Have No Idea How did they Learned that master Piece of Software…

Hi

If You feel comfortable with Blenders interface and Know the basic Tools…Then it’s time You start make You own model.

Find a lot refernece picture of the Model You want to make , more is better… And then just start…)

If You have a problem use the good viseo You have to solve it.

Btw…Most video have screen key’s on so You can see what key is pressed…Use pause button or slowmotion if it go to fast…You are right many video go to fast sometimes…)

Here is a link there have helped Me a lot and still do…http://gryllus.net/Blender/VideoTutorials/AllVideoTutorials.html

Another good way to learn is use the Sub Forums…Eg. Have a look in the skcetchbooks forum there is a lot to learn from there.
Lot’s of Picture You can download Eg. Node setup - light setup - Addons - Etc.

Learn to think in 3 d…Some thing You should give special attention…is…Pivot point - Mesh size - how dense it is = subdivision.
Not to forget SHORTCUT it’s one very good ting to learn…When You get tired of to go to the menu every time…Learn the shortcut and in no time…It will help You a lot…:slight_smile:

Tai

Blender is the most difficult application I’ve ever learned. It took me an entire month just to be somewhat comfortable with the hotkeys. I didn’t start making tutorials until after 6 or 7 years of using it.

All I did was watch a ton of tutorials and eventually things made sense. I think it just takes time, and you have to be patient.

The problem I see with many Youtube tutorials are three-fold…

1). People might not explain very well or they have a thick accent that makes things hard to process
2). They take way too long to get to the point (some videos have an intro sequence and several minutes of plain talking before you see any action on the screen).
3). They make it difficult to go at your own pace (ie. you’re forced to read through what they’re saying at their pace if you’re just watching).

It depends on the individual trying to learn and how effective the teacher is. One could just as easily ask how hard is it to learn math, or how to write, the truth is, it depends. It’s a hard question to answer.

Very easy if you give yourself 3 years to learn it. Very hard if you try to learn it in 6 months.

You dont need to understand everything you see in the tutorials, thats normal. Ask a ton of questions here , in #blender channel in irc or blender stack exchange (https://blender.stackexchange.com/).

In the end learning Blender is like learning anything else. You use the scientific method of making an assumption (how something works) -> experiment (use blender to test your assumption) -> observe (watch tutorial , ask questions etc) and repeat.

For one thing, a lot of people doing tutorials assume at least some knowledge of how to do basic functions (grab/move, rotate, scale, switching modes, etc.). Also, they’re trying to convey a lot of information in a limited amount of time, so they don’t spend a lot of time with things they expect others to know.

As for Tutor 4 You, he aims at a more basic user, so that is why he gives those details out.

How long it takes will depend on how much effort you’re willing to put into it.

Where you’re coming from and what your expectations are also plays a role. I find it utterly impossible to learn this, and here are my thoughts about it:

1. It’s way to hotkey oriented. I learn “proper” (sorry) GUI oriented software way faster, despite getting old and learning slower. Just forget about this if you can’t have a secondary computer/screen with a hotkey and command map, preferably interactive. I’m aware of why this has happened, and why it is so hard to prevent.

2. Not “coming from” the polygon based world of 3D (I used to, but even then it was more CSG oriented modeling, which suited what I needed just fine) since I’m now doing engineering work using CAD software, some of the approaches I see in tutorials just doesn’t sit well with that aspect. And I believe coming from “the other side” can slow down the ability to learning this side of things.

3. Blender is a huge tool. 95% of it I will probably never even touch for what I need it to do. Probably because of this, I find access to tools and how they work ridiculously unintuitive.

4. Up to date tutorials are kind of hard to find, and nowadays there is a tendency to charge for them. They may be good, and they may be worth it to some, but not for me who is just trying to have some fun learning new stuff but don’t have any serious ambitions with the rendering aspect of 3D.

5. Especially for older tutorials, you aren’t even informed they are working on an outdated version. People are getting better though.

6. The manual is a mess, outdated in many areas, and don’t be surprised if you suddenly find yourself in a 2.4 manual just by googling (and nothing makes sense in there) :).

7. Some older tutorials reference paradigms that are “outdated”. So even if trying to catch up to theory stuff, you may end up being thought things that are now considered erroneous.

8. Tutorials exists out there that teaches completely false theories, and nobody (incl myself) are brave enough to give them “bad reviews”, or try to correct their mistakes. So every time you hear the phrase “that’s how real life works”, just scream out “no it isn’t”, even if you don’t know why :slight_smile:

9. Many tutorials take too long to get into what they’re trying to explain. If I want to learn about metallicness and specular curves, I don’t want to see 30 of 40 minutes devoted to subdividing, applying smoothing, and unwrapping Suzanne.

10. For pure theory stuff, don’t limit yourself to “Blender/Cycles” tutorials. A painter artist may have different approach to the color wheel than a computer artist i.e., and it never hurts to get inputs from both camps. Similarly, there may be awesome Maya tutorials that obviously don’t translate directly into Blender, but mentioned theory may be excellent to pick up.

Directly to the OP:
I think you should get your shift key checked out or something… Just saying :wink: