Just made the switch to 2.5, I need some help!

So I finally made the switch to blender 2.5 and I have some questions.

1. When I add an object, like say, a UV sphere, it doesn’t ask for the parameters, it just adds a 32 X 32 ring sphere! How can i edit it to make like, a 12 X 12 sphere?

2. How do I get to the ‘brush’ select in edit mode, I don’t know what it’s called, but in 2.49, its when u press the ‘b’ key twice and it shows a circle where you can drag over to select verts?

3. how do I redo? Undo is ctrl z, but what is redo?

Press T and look at the bottom left of the screen when you’ve added an object or press F6

1. How do I get to the ‘brush’ select in edit mode, I don’t know what it’s called, but in 2.49, its when u press the ‘b’ key twice and it shows a circle where you can drag over to select verts?

C or just look in the Select menu

1. how do I redo? Undo is ctrl z, but what is redo?

Press Space and search for Redo. On my Mac it’s Shift+Cmd+Z

I’d suggest you watch some of the videos showing what’s what before you go any further and am sure will answer other questions you have. Most if not all have already been asked so forum search should pick them up. Remember don’t expect all tools to be there isn 2.5, somethings may not work but there is always the Space bar to bring up search.
http://www.blendercookie.com/getting-started-with-blender/

here’s another nice intro to the GUI

http://www.blenderguru.com/whered-that-button-go/

you also might want to try one of the latest builds you can get from graphicall.org
they’ve made a lot of progress from the version available from blender.org

Dave

Thanks for the quick answers, but I tried pressing ‘T’ to change the number of rings, but i couldn’t find it. And i couldn’t find the solution in the search bar.

T should bring up the tool panel on the left of the viewport. At the bottom, you will find properties for the last tool that you used. So if you added a cylinder, there should be some properties there for making modifications. Note that once you invoke another operation, you will not have the opportunity to make modifications to the object using this technique because the tool panel will now show properties for the most recent operation.

where? Im so lost :’(’’’

may be you should first change back to factory default setting (Ctrl N or File -> load factory settings)

so now when you press T , something will appear/disappear on the left
then scroll down you will see it (but the properties will appear on the first time you add the tube)
I prefer pressing F6 after adding the tube.
Good luck