Just seeing what my new computer can do with rendering

This would very well have taken more then a day on my old comp.
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/269/0395as2.th.jpg

Rendered in 5 and a half hours with no falloff in reflections, it’s pretty nice that my new computer can throw these kinds of renders out in that time frame, imagine what it can render with 3 times the hours.:cool:

Postpro in Paint.net.

What’s the system specs of your new system?

Wow, yeah, same question CD. I’d like to hear what your new rig can do with our old volumetric cloud tests compared to how it chugged on your old system. Kickass as usual man.

shame it took so long to render, because it doesn’t look so good. maybe you should focus on artistic merit instead of render times.

that’s why he put it in the tests section, it was a test of his new hardware

just sayin’ doesn’t look like it took five and a half hours to render, especially on a good computer. Just a lot of glossy reflections, not a very good benchmark unless your art naturally and constantly whores out glossy reflections.

Art is about keeping your mind open, not caged inside photorealism.

how bout you give us the blend and we’ll see what difference it makes.

Apparently it’s one of those glassy works that hawk glassiness and refraction (before glossiness was in Blender) that became my best selling art piece to date. The people love it, I make money;)

What’s the system specs of your new system?

-Intel Core 2 Q6600 Quad Core 2.4 Ghz (8MB L2 cache)
-4 Gb dual channel DDR2 SDRAM 800 Mhz.
-GeForce 8800 GT (for the BGE)

I’d like to hear what your new rig can do with our old volumetric cloud tests compared to how it chugged on your old system. Kickass as usual man.

I don’t think I have the file anymore, I’ll have to go where I have it and download it again.

hurrrrrrrrr

Donate the computer to someone that will use it properly. Seriously.

…actually I suspect it’s because he was banned from the finished projects section, and has been finding a way to post his stuff everywhere else since.
…and all because he can’t take criticism.

CD, five and a half hours seems excessive for that frame. Perhaps you should learn more about tweaking your render and materials settings to optimise render times.

I never got any PM saying I got banned from finished projects.

I made this because I wanted to render out something that would really test my new comp. Do note my new computer minimizes the need to use bilateral blur on the reflection, refraction, and shadow and AO passes. I did this without some optimizations to note that with this new hardware I can have the reflection falloffs at a much higher distance or or off and have higher sample numbers for shadows and blurry reflections.

okay, seriously its a test of his rig. Everyone calm down. Cant CD post something without everyone jumping on his case? Why must everyone attack him? I’ve been on this forum a while and have pulled my digital weight, and I still can’t see why this thread has turned into a bash fest. Just shut up, let the man do as he likes. he didn’t say this was a finished piece, this was a test.

CD: I would suggest downloading a blend file that is out there and render it and then tell us the time. or do like a hall of mirrors or something.

Donate the computer to someone that will use it properly. Seriously.

Dude just shut up. Who the hell are you? Not cool. You have an image in the blender gallery, cool, Submit to CGtalk, let them tear it apart you ass. Oh and who am I? I’m a DC illustrator, freelancing on the new Teen titans project, so F-off.

I’ve been on this forum a while and have pulled my digital weight
Apparently not long enough.

Just shut up, let the man do as he likes.
Not a good call. I remember a time a while back that CD had six or seven projects on the first page of the finished artwork forum, with no apparent regard for the other artists he was pushing off that page and into obscurity. He can churn this stuff out by the bucketload, and in fact, he used to do so.

Dude just shut up. Who the hell are you? Not cool. You have an image in the blender gallery, cool, Submit to CGtalk, let them tear it apart you ass.
Does it really matter who I am?

Oh and who am I? I’m a DC illustrator, freelancing on the new Teen titans project, so F-off.
I’m happy for you, really. It’s nice when artists get a break. Since credentials seem to be so important to you, lets just say I was a person who used to be a very active forum member who has somewhat lost his way (and love) for making 3d works. That one image of mine in the Blender gallery happens to be the only artwork I’ve submitted since Elysiun became BA. I have hundreds more, so If I need to prove my own credentials to be ‘allowed’ to have an opinion about this, then I will gladly show them to you. Let me just advise you that it might not be wise to ‘call me out’ like that when you haven’t a clue what I’ve done. You run the risk of looking like an idiot.

One last parting shot before I’m done. Ask yourself this: Why does CD create a ‘I’m getting a new computer’ thread, then create a new thread to inform us that it has arrived? People were asking that question in the second thread, and the answer is simple. The boy is an attention whore. And bragging about how fast his computer can churn through blurry reflections whilst producing something that looks like a pre-raytracing 1.8 render is well… pointless.

Indeed. This was just a test, so let it go.

And enough of this.

BgDM