K-key highlighting objects at different keyframes and then G-grabbing them in v2.46

Hello

I am new to Blender and so hope I am using the right terminology to describe my problem! Hence my rather lengthy description for a small problem!!!:

I am using Blender 2.46 and I keep not being able to do things that tutorials and books say that I should be able to do! I think these must have been written for earlier versions. Is there a lot of difference between the different versions?

I keep trying to do some very basic keyframe animations. I have had an object (e.g. a camera or sphere) moving/rotating around a central object (I will describe it as a ‘camera’ here as to aid my description).

I have keys (LocRot) inserted at keyframes 1,30, 60, 90 and 120. In my description I am at keyframe 120. Apparently I am supposed to be able to press the K-key (which shows the camera’s position/rotation at the different keyframes in yellow) and then be able to G-grab the highlighted camera for this 120 keyframe (in pink) and reposition it to where I want in relation to the other cameras showing in yellow.

HOWEVER, when I press the G-grab key, all the cameras ( yellow and pink) turn white and move together…the only way I can get only the desired one to move is to press the K-key again to hide the yellow cameras (but then I can’t see where the other cameras are!)… I also tried inserting a new keyframe (I>LocRot) at 120 and then G-grabbing, but the same thing happens.

I have tried various basic animations and keep getting stuck at this same point.
Can someone please advise me how to have the cameras showing in yellow (by pressing the K-key) and then just moving one of them without the rest moving as well.

Hope my post makes sense!
Many Thanks :slight_smile:
Husky :stuck_out_tongue:

HOWEVER, when I press the G-grab key, all the cameras ( yellow and pink) turn white and move together…the only way I can get only the desired one to move is to press the K-key again to hide the yellow cameras (but then I can’t see where the other cameras are!)… I also tried inserting a new keyframe (I>LocRot) at 120 and then G-grabbing, but the same thing happens.

If I understand the problem right, try selecting the keyframe line (in the Ipo Editor) associated with the camera position you want to move. If you do that, a single yellow object should be highlighted in the 3D viewport and that’s what will move when you use the G key. When you put it down, the Ipo curves will be updated.

Hi bugman_2000,
THANKYOU so much! This does the trick :slight_smile: !
Does there happen to be a shortcut so that I don’t have to open up the Ipo Editor window as to select the right camera (via selecting the right keyframe line) as to then be able to move it, or is this the only way?
Cheers!
Husky :o