K2D.4 RPG - NEW Video released

Nicholas Nel’s K2D (Knowledge, Integration, Development)

PREAMBLE
I have released three other large scale games since 2007 and a dozen demos before that, Im at a point where I feel restricted by my own hand made artwork and have felt the need for quite some time to use parts of reality in my games, Also a game that felt like it was created with a nice sized budget.

1. AGE RESTRICTION
  • No Persons Under the age of 16, contains animated violence, strong language and nudity. Other than this, if you are sensitive to this and are over the age of 16, you should turn back now!
  1. Game Features.

2.0- first release

• Keyboard and Mouse controls
  • Full GLSL Graphics.
  • Working Generatable Characters, 10 000 metre square editable World and 253 dynamic objects.
  • RGB Color Mixer
  • Objects Generated from real sources as documented in “Take List.txt” included with the game.
  • 1 hour playing time Guaranteed with Complete Walkthrough.
  • 3 Save game Slots.
  • ± 160 MB Game Size.
  • Fully Expandable “RPG” Core (available to public as GOD mode).
  • drive, fly, walk, attack, talk, search…Anything!
  • Pick up any gameobject and interact with it.
  • Container and NPC inventory.
  • Buy anything with enough money.
  • Follow the plot or free play.
  • Saturation script with more detail.
  • AI (pathfinding) for NPCs and Vehicles.
  • GPS memory feature.
  • Analog game clock.
  • Manual file with full controls
  • Volume lighting.
  • NPCs have possesions.(don’t steal)
  • Grenades and Nerve Gas Bombs. (be sure to wear a gas mask)
  • Sound effects, ambient background sounds or music.
  • Height map terrain.

2.1-massive speed ups
-Speed ups

2.2- Bugs and general
-LOD bug fixed
-Tree slow down fixed(slow near Tree)
-general speed ups

2.3- Game audit
-New Music-Legal :wink:
-Blue siren for Police
-Slow camera
-New sound for AK-47
-3D Sound
-NPCs with guns fire from a sane distance
-Stalk mode added, more pedestrians, occasional hunters for more relaxed play
-Run feature added

2.4- POLISH!
-Scirting boards, improved proportions, new carpets and better wall textures for houses.
-Tiles load from memory.
-NPCs are easyer to “drive over”.

1. Download Links.
    screenshots- www.nicholasnel.com/screens/screen40.jpg

official video: http://youtu.be/2yOfr8gup4Q

Youtube - Round abouts(old) - http://youtu.be/r9QErbpg7Sg and http://youtu.be/9Y9Is1QqC20
Download - www.nicholasnel.com/zip/installk2d.4.exe

*note the screenshots are hi definition, the youtube has serious compression. the game is like the screens, like the youtube in realtime, thanks!

1. Minimum Requirements.
  • Dual Core 1.6 ghz (pref Intel), 1 GB DDR2 system ram, 1 GB GFX with Shader support (pref Nvidia 520+).
  • Windows.
  • 160 MB Drive space Excluding Installer File.
  1. Made In 6 Months as a mod for the original KiD.
  • This Product was made and refined 6 months as a mod for KiD core.
  1. Copyright
    -I own 100% of the rights to the core.
    -Like any other engine user, I do not own the engine and it has a separate Licence agreement.
    -I have used trademarks and content from reality (±100 total, see “Take list.txt”).

2. Credits,Thanks and Inspiration.

• Music By: Robert Schmitt
  • Generic types : Elder Scrolls, Ultima, GTA.
  • This game is a product of Nicholas Nels hard labour!

Thank you.

The game runs amazingly slow on my computer. I think it’s understandable, since my computer is an Intel i3 core with a default graphics card.

You are in luck, the game is now 5 times faster on my computer which is 20 frames per second, and I have a dual core 1.6 ghz ddr2 ram and a geforce 520. it should run on just about any standard machine. I have unfortunately had to remove some of the volume lights (the rays comming from the skyline)

I would much appreciate it if you could test this new version ReubenUnicruz. and to the rest of you, happy realtime gaming!

Thanks!

Hi, another speed up came through with a nice bug fix on the LOD system and the slow down bug near the tree was fixed.

Thanks and enjoy K2D.2 !

Any chance in a .app or .blend for Macs?

Hi Ross

The blend file is separate and is included as gamefile.nic, you will need all the .nic files included with the game(including save files) in the blender directory to get it to work. you will need to install it on a windows machine first because it is an installer.

Also, the gamefile is copyrighted and does not fall under the GPL so if you intend to publish something you make with it we can talk about it.

EyeBall

Hi

Many features added, and Im ready to call this a retail version. New You Tube video comming soon featuring the new music.

If you still want your save games, just copy the save game directory.

like I promised, a new video is available.

new you tube video: http://youtu.be/2yOfr8gup4Q

Your game it’s looking nice, I gave it a try and it’s running too slow on my pc, I think you should optimize it more, maybe some LOD or occlusion culling?

it already has LOD and occlusion culling, my computer is very old except the graphics card which is a 520. so it should run fine on just about any new machine. the you tube video is also slower because video capture uses up alot of resources. it runs at 20 frames per second on my pc.

2.4 has been released, This should be better for people with hi-end machines since the tiles load from memory and not the hard drive, also I have refined the occlusion and made other enhancements.