Kai - Creature Design

Great job, I really like Your work :slight_smile:

He looks ugly as hell hehehe xD

But great job bro it seems u have great skills

Do u make any tuts or have a youtube channel? with ur work mate?

Hey man, I read the comment about the ā€œone eyeā€ and I fixed the problem. Iā€™d like the character to put in a fan film Iā€™m making.:slight_smile:

Sure, they all have one eye, messing up their depth perception and stuff. But they have that big, bulbous head. Inside, it has a ā€œsonar-likeā€ apparatus. Not for tracking targets, but communication with each other. Therefore, when they hunt, itā€™s in packs. And the prey on their planetā€™s like 10 times as big as them. So they triangulate their positions in relation to their target and feed everybody info. Also, because of this, they never go anywhere without 5-6 of them together. And I guess the little dangely things can be good for something too, donā€™t know what.

Thanks bro! Unfortunately I dont make vid tutorials.. Im really bad at explaining things. XD Im good at showing how I did it but not explaining - if you know what I mean. (Check my post on page 2. There are some ss that show how I did the image) There are plenty of tutorials out there anyway. Check <b>Blendercookie.com</b> and <b>Blenderguru.com</b> . Those are the best sites of blender tutorials imo. Thats how I learned blender. You just have to do your thing. All you need is dedication, patience and a lot of time.

Hey man, I read the comment about the ā€œone eyeā€ and I fixed the problem. Iā€™d like the character to put in a fan film Iā€™m making.:slight_smile:
Sure, they all have one eye, messing up their depth perception and stuff. But they have that big, bulbous head. Inside, it has a ā€œsonar-likeā€ apparatus. Not for tracking targets, but communication with each other. Therefore, when they hunt, itā€™s in packs. And the prey on their planetā€™s like 10 times as big as them. So they triangulate their positions in relation to their target and feed everybody info. Also, because of this, they never go anywhere without 5-6 of them together. And I guess the little dangely things can be good for something too, donā€™t know what.

Cool imagination man. :wink:
The thing is that it wouldnt be fair to give you my character just like that.. Im not really that generous. I can`t just give away all the time and work I put into the projectā€¦ Sorry. XD
You can take the concept though, which is not mine. I took it from the guys from CreatureBox. You can ask them if you can make the film.

Cheers!

A very fine job dude :smiley:

Lack of two optical positions (having ā€œoneā€ eye) for stereopsis is compensated in several animals (esp in oceans) by having two retinas; in others via coordinated movement.
As I predicted in 1994, I better write that proposed (book) now on POSSIBLE ANATOMIES FOR ANIMATORS [A rational approach to human (and animal) anatomy for understanding movement, for creating new anatomies in characters; 4 chapters on eyes)]. Available for pre-publication sale?
I may have an unique background for this insight: 30 years studying vision and eyes, medical school anatomy, and 35 years in medical illustration. See http:Medical-illustration.com . I started in August: How much should it (ebook/pdf/animations/app) cost?

nice but if I was running around half naked Iā€™d prefer to look like that so people wouldnā€™t recognize
but very :cool:

LOLā€¦ good one. XD

Lack of two optical positions (having ā€œoneā€ eye) for stereopsis is compensated in several animals (esp in oceans) by having two retinas; in others via coordinated movement.
As I predicted in 1994, I better write that proposed (book) now on POSSIBLE ANATOMIES FOR ANIMATORS [A rational approach to human (and animal) anatomy for understanding movement, for creating new anatomies in characters; 4 chapters on eyes)]. Available for pre-publication sale?
I may have an unique background for this insight: 30 years studying vision and eyes, medical school anatomy, and 35 years in medical illustration. See http:Medical-illustration.com . I started in August: How much should it (ebook/pdf/animations/app) cost?

Hey man, thanks for the observation. Though someone pointed this out a while back (check the previous pages).
Like I saidā€¦ the concept is not mine. ā€¦
He will not be animated anywayā€¦ he is just supposed to be a cool looking fantasy character. Not a 100% anatomical and biological accurate.

A very fine job dude

Thanks a lot man.

Cheers!

Very nice.
I especially like how close the subject and the background are to each other in terms of color: It makes him feel more in place and at home.

Keep 'em coming. Wanna make me laugh

Excellent, although the creature looks terrible.

Really very good stuff, but he sort of looks like aā€¦well you knowledge, aā€¦

Awesome character!Really like the expression it is giving-the one people give when they are frustrated/angry

Hey, thanks a lot. :slight_smile:
I`m glad you guys like it.