Kansas 2045

This week’s CreatewithClint was “Retro Futurism”. I wanted to imagine what a gas station would look like high in the sky, over one of the flyover states. I used some assets from sketch fab and also kitbashed some elements to create this scene. Hope you enjoy it. p.s Don’t look down.

9 Likes

I live not far from Kansas, and I can tell you right now that everything would be way more dirty and rusty, and this gas station wouldn’t be open except on every other Thursday in odd numbered months :sweat_smile: jokes aside, nice concept and charming execution!

P. S. When driving through Kansas or Wyoming, plan on gas stations being closed and you’ll never be disappointed

1 Like

That might be true on the rural back roads, but on the main routes a dingy station that is closed is not a common site (at least outside the smallest towns). The more urban areas of the state also have a lot of stations that are rather nice actually (I am from Wichita, and the area has a lot of good quality stations run by Quik Trip and Quik Shop, with a couple of other nice ones run by Caseys).

3 Likes

And flat. An unbroken plane of corn fields as far as the eye can see. Occasionally, you’ll see a tree.

2 Likes

“Oh yeah, corn is always interesting!”

3 Likes

Thanks Mate! I’ve never been to Kansas so this is great insight! Currently, I live in Charlotte NC so If I take a trip cross country I’ll take your gas station advice haha!

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like