Keep getting fireflies no matter what i do!!

And yet, using Maya, or 3ds with Arnold, or Mental Ray, or Vray for example, i can get rid of ALL the grainy at once just tweaking some options without the need to use some weird addition like a denoiser. See? well, Blender obviously has its limitations and it is not as advanced (if you want to look it that way).

I was busy. And i came here searching for a solution indeed, because i was assuming i forgot something in the render settings. Because i really found hard to believe that Blender is unable to get rid of grain and i need to tell you, in some scenes no matter what you do the grain is so visible that i needed to migrate again to Maya to get proper renders of my 3d models. As simple as that.

Yes i tried the denoiser, and it works amazingly well. But still, not there. Still getting far better results in Maya. So… probably i will use Blender for lowpoly model and gaming purposes, and Maya for production rendering. Obviously Blender is not designed for high quality production render. After all these years, its hard to believe Blender cant achieve clean renders like other 3d apps lol.

You are aware that the newest version of the Vray plugin for Autodesk products will also have a denoiser, right?

It also can’t just be dismissed as a weird addition because it is currently the subject of serious research and development, even the big production houses like Pixar are writing papers about new techniques and using them in actual film work.

Now there was also the claim that Maya is producing far better results, perhaps if you would show us how your models render out in Maya, we can tell you how to get a very similar quality in Blender.

@Ace
I guess he just wants to troll

So??? that doesnt mean the render quality is as bad as Blender because it isnt lol, not by a long shot. Ive been working with Maya for 6 years and yeah i used vray in a lot of things, even in sketchup. I never ever had so many problems with noise until i started with Blender lol. Its a fact like a temple that Blender’s render capabilities are far below any other render system. And for production purposes, it is a total throwback.

No matter what scene i do on Blender, what hdri i use, no matter how many samples i use, the noise is there. Always. A LOT. Its ridiculous.

And i hope you realize the ednoiser of vray has nothing to do with the denoiser of blender… rofl.

Do you actually know what means to “troll”? because i dont think you do lol.

Texture it. The noise will look amazing. I’ll never understand why people dislike noise. It’s in real photos y’know.

Err… can you show us that you honestly tried to follow everyone else’s suggestions?

We gave you a bunch of things to try and gave you various suggestions on what you could do so we can help you out, it really doesn’t help if the choice that is made instead is to follow up with a rant on how Cycles is a pile of garbage (ignoring what we said completely),

Please note that we know what we are doing (because we have far more experience working with the engine), you managed to learn Maya so surely it’s a matter of learning a little more regarding how Cycles works.

I hope I didn’t miss anything by not reading the whole thread :spin:, but here’s some insight about clamping from another thread that might be useful.

Yes, denoising might help, but BeerBaron brings up an excellent point about how to get the most out of clamp settings in reasonable time.