Will add it for that pie menu for super-uber Add primitive pie! :slight_smile:

for any one who wonders, this is my primitive creation setup:

SHIFT-1: fitprim cube, SHIFT-2: *cyl, SHIFT-3: *sphere
ALT-SHIFT-1: fitprim “Make obj” cube, ALT-SHIFT-2: *cyl, ALT-SHIFT-3: *sphere
also:
CTRL-ALT-1: QBlocker cube, CTRL-ALT-2: *cyl, CTRL-ALT-3: *sphere

and if i need some other weird mesh i have the old “add” menu on CTRL-SHIFT-A
(shift-A is my focus hotkey, couldnt shake that habit from modo :wink:
I dont like having basic things like these in menus (pies or not) gotta go fast ;>

edit: Corrected! (also found a context bug on fp-make obj ;D )

1 Like

Idea for improving Unrotator:
Add to Unrotator Options “Face Center” and if it chosen appear additional option “Turn angle” like in Loopanar tool

Or not, just idea…
Face_Center

2 Likes

Ah sure :> Fixd. Coming in next version.

EDIT: v1.322 is out!

3 Likes

Hello,
do you make changes to Cursor fit in v1.322 with this behavior?

cos it still not align well.

No changes recently. It behaves as expected for me. Do you expect a different result? In what way?

like this (v2 its my variant, explained earlier here)

ah, yes. that change was a few updates ago. The method was changed to work much better in the common use scenarios. that particular fit in your example tho; I have never needed that. So, as the current mode is better in 99% of use-cases, I will prb not change it :slight_smile:

1 Like

that’s fine, I’ll keep my v2 as additional help in exceptional cases like this one

1 Like

Found a little bug with Quick Measure tool.
After selecting not Mesh object, text do not disappear even after re-enable tool and hit Esc.
Need to restart blender.

Maybe add an exception when something other than a Mesh object is selected, then disable the tool.

I thought I did ;D May have skipped something… thx, will check ;>

Idea for 3d cursor (like save workplane in modo)

found here

2 Likes

Hello,
how are you?
it’s been a while since the last activity.
I have some proposal for ‘Get and Set Edit Mode’:

• clicking in empty space switch to Object Mode
  • shift+clicking on other object (if you already click and get Edit Mode) - add this object to selection and switch it to Edit mode also
  • clicking in Outliner on mesh object select this object and switch it to Edit mode
  • shift+clicking on other object in Outliner (if you already click and get Edit Mode) - add this object to selection and switch it to Edit mode also

Thanks. Have a good day!

Hey! Yeah, vacation and stuff ;> Thanks for the suggestions - i’ll look into those. Currently wrapping up a new feature for quick measure (real time update using a “saved” selection). pretty handy, will be out soon.

1 Like

what is nailgun in modo

2 Likes

v1.33 is out! Quick Measure Update: ‘Freeze Selection’ Mode.

6 Likes

I am running version 1.33, but am trying to align the object pivot location / orientation to an edge selection, as others have asked about I think.

I see you have the new option for “object origin to selection”, but it doesn’t appear to actually rotate/align the Pivot Orientation to an edge i have selected. The pivot rotation seems unchaged or not aligned to the edge vector/direction.

It is not called “Align Origin to selection” for this reason, as the intended function is to simply move the origin.
Use Align Origin to Cursor (after you place the cursor with Cursor Fit & Align if you need proper alignment). I suppose I could make a macro out of these…
If you want the entire object to re-align to the selection, and not just the origin, use Unrotator.

1 Like

v1.34 is out!
Maybe I should rename “Bridge Or Fill” to F3? ;>

https://artbykjell.com/blender.html

2 Likes