keKit for Blender (2.8+)

I started to make my own addon / operator to do what I mentioned. I’ll see how that goes. I got some base functionality working using code from other addons I made, but we’ll see if this ends up working well enough or not.

But if you decided to add it to yours, that would be great to! No problem if not.

Thank you!

Included in 1.34 ;>
(check release notes)

2 Likes

awesome, thank you! I’ll check it out!

Hello,

just a suggestion for better UI visualization “Align Origin to Cursor”
loc&rot
minimized clicks to 1 =)
maybe even without text “Align”

1 Like

Thanks ! at the moment that’s what it does (location and rotation) but I would rather have those option separate and maybe you can make a macro that does both together using “pie menu editor” addon.

@Kiellog is it possible to separate those options. I downloaded the latest version and when I click align the center to the selection it also moves the center.

1 Like

Hi,
what pie menu do you need, make a mock-up or screen from modo, I’ll try to recreate it.

I think you use old version, 1.34 have that options in bottom left menu (called “Adjust Last Operation” menu).

2 Likes

G-B, I’ll look into adding those for Align Origin to Selected. (i think u were referring to this new one?)
Redo will prob not work for this macro…EDIT: No it works, nevermind ;>

APEC, I’ll look into adding those options available in the menu, for both AOTS and AOTC

EDIT: wip: (APEC’s mockup was in the redo-panel, I dont think I have any control over that tho.)

3 Likes

Great addon by the way. I think now we only need a “linear falloff” and a “constrain to background” to make it perfect. :slight_smile:

Yeah, linear falloff with their presets (Linear, Ease-In/Out),
I hate default blender proportional edit and hide all unwanted geometry to not affect on them…
But “constrain to background” not bad in blender, need to understand that it’s possible with a Shrinkwrap modifier only

allright, adding the prop choices to redo-panel. getting too cluttered in the menu anyways ;>

3 Likes

That’s true but it takes too long to setup, maybe they will add it in the retopology tools.

by the way I use the EZLattice addon as a basic linear falloff, it’s not the same but it does the job.

For me it looks better, even like this.
Maybe it possible to use row instead of col.

no, i could not fit any decent amount of text in row.(using the split command, i dont want to make custom entries for every option) + I prefer not to use abbreviations in these cases.

1 Like

Then just leave it like there

for me it more convenient. Or as you see fit to display it

1 Like

That seems fine to me. :smiley: Cool! Thank you
I don’t always have the side bar/tab visible either, so that makes it more accessible.

Or like someone said, if can steal those and put into a pie with pie menu editor, then it’s not a big deal at all / user can do whatever they want then.

My pie menus are mostly replacements for the default Blender ones, and I haven’t gotten to the cursor one (Shift-S) yet, these might a good candidate for the extra features i put in my versions.
example: https://artbykjell.com/res/blender_ke_pie_menus_overview.jpg

I rarely use most of the ones in the default pie below, not sure how I’d arrange my variant. probably shoving most of these in a list, and leaving the frequent ones as pie-slots in the prime directions (North, South, East, West)
Suggestions welcome tho ;>
default one: image

Same.
just for thoughs
test_pie

maybe add “Align Object(s) to Cursor” to the top also
test_pie2
and 4 empty slots for some useful defaults, or other stuff

Summary
class VIEW3D_MT_PIE_testpie(Menu):
    bl_label = "Test Pie"
    bl_idname = "VIEW3D_MT_pie_testpie"

def draw(self, context):
        mode = bpy.context.mode
        obj = context.active_object
        layout = self.layout
        pie = layout.menu_pie()

# left pie menu
        c = pie.column()
        cbox = c.box().column()
        cbox.scale_y = 1
        cbox.scale_x = 1
        cbox.label(text='Origin to Cursor :')
        cbox.operator("view3d.cursor_fit_selected_and_orient", text="Location")
        cbox.operator("view3d.cursor_fit_selected_and_orient", text="Rotation")
        cbox.operator("view3d.cursor_fit_selected_and_orient", text="Location & Rotation")

# right pie menu
        c = pie.column()
        cbox = c.box().column()
        cbox.scale_y = 1
        cbox.scale_x = 1
        cbox.label(text='Origin to Selection :')
        cbox.operator("view3d.cursor_fit_selected_and_orient", text="Location")
        cbox.operator("view3d.cursor_fit_selected_and_orient", text="Rotation")
        cbox.operator("view3d.cursor_fit_selected_and_orient", text="Location & Rotation")

# bottom pie menu
        c = pie.column()
        cbox = c.box().column()
        cbox.scale_y = 1.5
        cbox.scale_x = 1
        cbox.operator("view3d.cursor_fit_selected_and_orient", text="Origin to Bottom Box")

# top pie menu
        c = pie.column()
        cbox = c.box().column()
        cbox.scale_y = 1.5
        cbox.scale_x = 1
        cbox.operator("view3d.cursor_fit_selected_and_orient", text="Cursor Fit & Align")
        cbox.operator("view3d.cursor_fit_selected_and_orient", text="Align Object(s) to Cursor")

# top left pie menu
        c = pie.column()
        cbox = c.box().column()
        cbox.scale_y = 1.5
        cbox.scale_x = 1
        cbox.operator("view3d.cursor_fit_selected_and_orient", text="top left pie menu")

# top right pie menu
        c = pie.column()
        cbox = c.box().column()
        cbox.scale_y = 1.5
        cbox.scale_x = 1
        cbox.operator("view3d.cursor_fit_selected_and_orient", text="top right pie menu")

# bottom left pie menu
        c = pie.column()
        props  = context.scene.creaseAndBevelPG
        cbox = c.box().column()
        cbox.scale_y = 1.5
        cbox.scale_x = 1
        cbox.operator("view3d.cursor_fit_selected_and_orient", text="bottom left pie menu")

# bottom right pie menu
        c = pie.column()
        props  = context.scene.creaseAndBevelPG
        cbox = c.box().column()
        cbox.scale_y = 1.5
        cbox.scale_x = 1
        cbox.operator("view3d.cursor_fit_selected_and_orient", text="bottom right pie menu")

also in my custom pie I add “NONE (reset)” and it reset cursor to the world origin and also reset Transform Orientation (to Global) and Transform Pivot Point (to Median Point) to defaults
test_pie3

is it possible to add another function : align cursor to selected elements for object mode and mesh
but with these following option

thankyou

I’m not sure I follow: How do you select “elements” in object mode?

Other than that, it is possible, sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

sorry , in object mode its origin
and id like to also see those , function location only or location + rotation