Very interesting and usefull. Thanks

love this addon, great work… here’s is my overview:

4 Likes

Brilliant! Thanks for the video coverage - fun to see! :smiley:

1 Like

Kit’s updated! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Le7GTpjfw

A bunch of new stuff. Check it out! :wink:

3 Likes

This is awesome dude. Hey Does your context disolve do anything different than Ctrl X?

@Cuda_Wilds it removes the need for the popup, as it dissolves vert,edge or face by context instead.

2 Likes

Loved your tools in Modo and I’m super stoked to see them coming to Blender :slight_smile:

I could be wrong but I think the default Ctrl X button, while popping something up in the bottom left corner, does it by context as well.

That being said, these other context tools are so great and are helping clear so much room for other hotkeys

Updated with 1.25 ;> (fixed all the annoying bugs in Direct Loop Cut )

1 Like

You are righ ;> I missed that one ;D (I’ll probably just go ahead and replace the item in the menu with the standard one at some point)

3 Likes

This is an awesome collection of tools!

Is it possible to have the Even option ON by default when using Direct Loop Cut?

@anphung Yes, that might be best. I’ll set it to default in the next update (1.27)

BTW. everyone on 1.25 should prob get on 1.26. nasty bmesh crashbug on .25. sorry 'bout that ;>

1 Like

What tool am I running by accident that keeps turning off my cursor visibility in the viewport?

1 Like

FitPrim, cylinder. Good catch ;> It uses the cursor during the process, so it is supposed to hide it during. and then turn back on. It works now, fix will be in 1.27

3 Likes

Oh hallelujah thank you for bringing Seneca’s Unrotate scripts over! And Merge to Mouse chef kiss. I didn’t finish watching the video because Unrotator made me pass out. :laughing:

1.27 is up. I really hope I got the Direct Loop Cut crash fixed by now. sheesh :smiley:
(1.271 removed “Even” as default for slide, wont work. sorry.)

1 Like

Hi,
I see quite some enthusiasm about this addon. What is holding me back to use it is the need to assign hotkeys. Do you know a good workaround for that? My thought is “it might mess up with exsisting hotkeys”.
I don’t know but could it be an idea to put blender in a state it forgets all hotkeys temporaly when you use the addon, so that the addon has it’s own hotkeys.
Or how do you deal with hotkeys when using the addon?

Hi Kiellog,
looks great.
Unfortunately keKit (v1.271) does not work with Blender 2.83.

keKit Prefs file not found - Default settings applied
Exception in module register(): E:\Blender-28\2.83\scripts\addons\kekit\__init__.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Blender-28\2.83\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 384, in enable mod.register()
File "E:\Blender-28\2.83\scripts\addons\kekit\__init__.py", line 368, in register m.register()
File "E:\Blender-28\2.83\scripts\addons\kekit\_prefs.py", line 163, in register write_prefs(prefs_data_default)
File "E:\Blender-28\2.83\scripts\addons\kekit\_prefs.py", line 28, in write_prefs with open(file_name, "w") as text_file:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\Name\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.83\\scripts//addons/kekit/ke_prefs'

@ Peetie I use them as part of my basic hotkeys. I always use MouseMerge. No need for any other merge vert hotkeys. I always use X, no need for Y etc. I dont think the common “each kit is a separate universe”-approach is suitable for the entire kit. (I only see that being useful for specific tools with A LOT of modifiers) But I’m not 100% against doing something like you suggest. In the future. Maybe. :slight_smile:

3 Likes