keKit for Blender (2.8+)

Hello everyone,
just want to share link for New Render Window Discussion topic with video description. It’s more like mockup stage…

1 Like

Hey @APEC, haven’t seen you for a while here.
Thx for the link.

1 Like

v1.416 is up. (post upload notion: I might add a toggle for Render cycling to wrap, cant hurt having options…maybe next time)
edit: Nah, fixed it just now ;>
v1.416b now :smiley:
edit 2: dammit! bug, restored 416 for now on gumroad.
edit 3: fixed. info upgraded to errors to be more noticable (and show up in Render Visible)
v1.416c now :slight_smile: :

3 Likes

Bug reports are here :slight_smile:
1.416: Render Visible + SC enabled - doesn’t show the warning message
1.416b: Render Slot Cycle+FW enabled - jumps between 1st and last render slots

Other than that version with the notice is quite convenient :clap: Prob. could be even better than wrap around :wink:
Had to test it more in the field :smile:

One thing only - the message isn’t noticeable. At first I completely missed it.

thanks for the testing! yes, i will have to elevate it to an “error” to be able to catch in Render Visible anyways, will be more noticeable ;>

Edit: fixed, version C now up :slight_smile:

• do note that Render Visible will use FW toggle status as well.
1 Like

WOW! some awesome tools there, and I barely started understanding a couple of them!

1 Like

Hmm…Noticed some inconsistency if the FW button is enabled: in some cases it works as intended, in some just rewrites the current slot. It happens with both Render Visible and Render Slot Cycle buttons.

I did notice that occuring: It seemed timing related somehow. if you render again quickly before it is “ready”. but not sure.

Probably it’s better to move Render Visible “bpy.ops.view3d.ke_render_visible()” into Screen section like Render Slot Cycle “bpy.ops.screen.ke_render_slotcycle()”? To make a shortcut workable in Image editor as well

i considered it, but it seemed a bit tied to what you are doing in the viewport, not so much final render setup…so I skipped it for now. but sure, maybe later. let me know if you find any more issues, with the timing in particular. I’d hate to have to put a timer in (like render visible, there is a delay there for other reasons (hiding/unhiding all the things and making sure the render shows)

if I cant solve the timing issue I’ll just have to revert to brute step-cycling (but wrapping) and no notice msg (slot checking).

edit: i need to use an apphandler after all. a bit busy this week though, wait for the renders to be well finished in the meantime ;>

Well, in such a layout it could be handy:

Sure, no worries. There are workarounds about it for now. Only when you can spend your time and wish for it :slight_smile:

Yeah, sure. Lets solve this problem

I’m not sure it’s related to timing. It happens even after quite prolonged intervals with restarted Blender in the default cube scene:

hmm might be a different issue with the fw mode, but there is a timing issue too. unfortunately. i should mark this one “experimental” ;>

Don’t worry about FW. Back when you have time for it.

Even now we have charmingly well working tool(with noticing) for rendering undestructively.
Thank you so much Kjell for this awesome Render Slot Cycle tool!!! :clap:

Ok! v1.417 is up!
I do believe it is all working now. Knock on wood.
(I skipped going with 416 beta numbers so it better work ;D )

• Added handlers so i could tell when a render is in progress, so you cant prematurely start slot-switching.
  • Notification when Full-wrap reaches slot 1 again (to help you keep track)
  • fixed all the bugs (bad logic by me…)
  • also, switched operator on Render Visible

https://artbykjell.com/blender.html

6 Likes

Damn, I love this new Render tool! :partying_face:
It’s even better than in Modo!

1 Like

I just updated from an old version and cant find where do I set snap combos? I see only old combos for Orientation&Pivot

hey. they’re in the snapping menu (the standard one)

Thanks I see them in Snapping pie menu, but how do I store my custom combos?