keKit for Blender (2.8+)

It can be enabled in Gismos->Move. I use it as an indicator of action center/rotation only (setup is quite similar to Modo). I also don’t like to use handles in Blender.

The best part here is that these handles are indicator only in 3.1. You can’t accidentally touch it and move geo. But since 3.2 you can :frowning_face:

If I turn off Circle Select checkmark then the handles become active:

Ah. I’m not saying it is bad, just not for me (things still in the way while selecting visually bothers me ;> )
I don’t know if there is a workaround. This probably something the devs who made the change can answer.

plz share, how did you change the 3DC color? D

@Kiellog
Ok, I’ll probably try to ask about it in some devs topic. Though not sure they’ll understand what this guy with a weird setup wants from them :grinning:

@impacman
It’s View Overlay:

1 Like

‘‘Suggestion’’
Context Connect
In Vert Mode when no vert is sel = invoke Knife tool (current behaviour)
When atleast 1 vert or 2 connected verts are selected, then also invoke Knife tool (smartly contextual)
Context Bevel
Req is personal so not susre if it will apeeal to masses but many times I had to run bevel then cancel then toggle overlays to get clear shaded view and then Bevel again to get more clarity of the affect of bevel on shading so as to decide hw mcuh to bevel or to chamnfer
so Is It possible while in Bevel Modal to press tilda key to toggle overlays while as the same time being still in bevel modal. I hope I explained simply.

Context Connect - 0,1 or 2 connected verts → knife. Sure! I don’t use this much myself so I have no objections :slight_smile:

Context Bevel: Probably not. It is very tricky, if even possible, to mess with internal modal operations like bevel. Maybe some kind of wrapper-thing is possible… but I have no interest in doing it at this time;>

3 Likes

JFYI: Given the new rules of “self-promotion”: Replying to questions in a thread where I’ve shared an add-on is counted as self-promotion, which is not permitted more than once per week.
There is special-cases/exceptions or what-not, but these are vague and basically just at moderators discretion - which leads to “maybe”, “I dont think this applies”, “probably?” - I’m not playing that game.

So, I will check in here more seldom, and answer only once per week max., to any and all accumulated questions in one post.

Personally I don’t think this thread looks like self promotion and fits into this new rules (quite vague). As i understand the main goal of this new rules is in having a legal base against aggressive self promotions (just in case)…

Yeah I don’t think replying, or as the post said ‘community engagement’ will get you in trouble for more then 1 post per week, that kind of contradict the function of forum, no?

Not sure which thread that trigger the new rules to be implemented, but I didn’t see you as “hard selling” your product in here. Well, this is my personal take and understanding of what mentioned there, apologize if I misunderstood the point :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What a shame. I always love reading what pops-up here. Been asking what the intent is for threads like these without going into specifics. Good people like Kjell shouldn’t be restricted or punished for the sake of some selfish-spammers.

From my understanding the rule applies if you are bumping your post to the top as a form of promoting the link/addon/socials without any sort of community feedback.

5 Likes

This is good that it’s solved! It was ridiculous restriction in its initial form. The addon developer and topic starter couldn’t post freely in his own topic :angry:

okay peeps we had our drama, now we can go back to business as usual fortunately :blush:

1 Like

Regarding the business… I mean the last changes in the Unrotator family :grinning:
Kjell, man, you rock! Super updade!
I can say nothing but the tool is freaking awesome now!
It was good idea with Shift-poly center!
I reassigned Unrotator on one of my mouse buttons and it works very ergonomically with Shift-poly center/ Shift duplicate.

2 Likes

Is the addon going to add the cavity bridge feature from kekit for modo? Here’s a video: https://youtu.be/RLWyRISQG7g?t=52

POSSIBLE BUG

Every time I use align origin to selected elements on a single new cube the 3d cursor rotation changes on X axis by .000003 degrees

@Karpet98 I have no plans at the moment to make a blender version. Maybe in the future.

@whoDNA Floating point math :wink: I’ll round it off.

@ everyone - regarding the new self promotion rules:

• I dont question the good intentions of the mods
  • I dont question the need for moderation in this area.
  • I am not that super concerned for my part.
  • I still dont agree with how its handled.
    – Edit; to make it super clear: I understand why. Disagree with (parts of) how. But:
  • I am ok with considering this topic settled & closed (it will always be up to the mods in the end) :smiley:

So, for everything else I will resume replying to questions as I see fit, and if I am banned/censored, c’est la vie. :relieved:

3 Likes

Hey bro don’t take it too seriously you understood it wrong (and Bart probably neither elaborate it clearly) , this is more for real self promotion or rather advertising, and here you are just doing your duty of giving your support and replying to questions, suggestions, etc from your product either free or paid this isn’t nothing to do with self promotion…

3 Likes

Just asking: Is there something like Modo’s edge extrude on inner faces edges ?
In Modo you have a bevel width and depth for these edge extrudes. Blender does only pull the edges out.

You mean like Inset?
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2.80/modeling/meshes/editing/duplicating/inset.html
or offset edge slide?
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/meshes/editing/edge/offset_edge_slide.html