keKit for Blender (2.8+)

Here’s what I have modification for that auto-smooth part, basically just stored the autoshooth to a variable wheatear it’s on/off, and use that setting back, rather then forcing it to the user to be on or off (if user have it on, it will remain on, and same thing with off will remain off, cus certain situation I want it to be on and sometime to off, not a 1 set solution for me personally).

elif self.op == "SHADE_SMOOTH":
    sm = bpy.context.object.data.use_auto_smooth

if context.object.data.is_editmode:
        bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode="OBJECT")
        bpy.ops.object.shade_smooth()
        bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode="EDIT")
    else:
        bpy.ops.object.shade_smooth()

bpy.context.object.data.use_auto_smooth = sm

@RobertLe @Antony @Revel
Hmm. Might be a bug, and it did work as I suggested at some point ;D
(Added to the list for fixing)
how it will/should work:

• toggle “flat when off” - toggle shaded flat/shaded when toggling subd
  • toggle “autosmooth” - autosmooth is on/off when toggling subd
    (no link, or confusion.)

While we’re on auto-smooth topic, I have modded the script to include an auto-smooth angle preset that I most often use, like on the screenshot below working, rather then keeps on typing the same few number every time :wink:

angle_preset

Good idea. I should prob make AS a toggle, tiny checkboxes is not great in a piemenu ;> + then i can prob fit all of it on one line.

Just asking. In Object Mode selection for circle selection only works on item center. However in X-Ray selection I can change that to overlap and then it works like rectangle selection…
Do I miss some option in standard blender circle selection in object mode?

I recall having read that is the intended behavior. Try the Xray experiments build over on devtalk.

Yeah that works, as written above. But it still strange… such an essential thing. Some for having to select the middle point in a polygon when select through is active.

That’s why this is so highly requested, but that’s also why everyone should try this build, provide feedback, etc. To make sure that what Lcas delivers is what everyone needs. Then convince the Blender devs to implement his patches.

I was actually writing about the add on, not the branch. Can you post links, maybe its good to give feedback.

It’s this: https://devtalk.blender.org/t/x-ray-selection-experiments-build/24872
If you happen to get all the settings in the N-panel, like I did, you should delete your default start-up scene (make a backup) and perhaps copy/ paste a python file over (see the bottom of the thread). If not, just unzip the build wherever you want and you are good to go.

1 Like

Cool… I didn’t know they updated. I will check that out… so much needed.

@whoDNA and anyone who cares :slight_smile:

The cursor rotation rounding error has been fixed, as of v2.021 (I hope!).

JFYI, IMHO this is because the cursor rotation values comes from a quaternion, and converted to euler it will produce rounding errors. This is not considered a bug (by many programmers, including the Blender devs), and probably considered a “minor papercut” with non-existant priority. (= It will never be “fixed”) bug filed for reference

But if you care about clean values in your rotations, my scripts will clean them up now ;> (Cursor Fit&Align, all the align origin/cursor scripts)

4 Likes

@Kiellog hi! thank you for all awesome updates and tools!

have to ask - dont you think there is some inconsistity in context connect for now? if edge is selected it performs a new vertex, but if selection is in vertex mode it performs knife… personally i highly prefer adding new vertex in both cases.

1 Like

Well connect should add things, as it connects.

Connect works this way in Max, you literally add geometry to connect between the selection. With no selection, it becomes a knife tool (i.e. patch connect).
You seem to be referring to a divide tool, which is how Blender handles connections > its a different paradigm.

Agree. Adding a point between 2 connected points, shared the same edge, would be more logical. But I’m also not a big fan of activating the knife tool behavior. Using C key for it is more convenient for me .

1 Like

If you have selected vertices, then yes, it could add another one on the edge between them (or the face they share). So I can agree with you on that. But I do like the knife tool activation for when you don’t have a selection. Then you can have everything on C, which is easier to reach than K.

No it should work for the same edge only. Current Context Connect works awesome! I have nothing against the knife behavior, I just don’t use it.

yep, without any selection knife looks ok (but i dont use it anyway having knife tool binded on shift space), but knife with selection calls always make me missclick with needence to exit knife tool…

I don’t feel strongly one way or the other…which makes it difficult! :smiley:
I am leaning towards just keeping the knife for unselected mode,
and just subdivide the 1 edge (add vert).

1 Like