Kerm and Jimit

Hi, everybody!

I participated in last week’s weekend challenge (#1034, theme “Puppets”). It was close: @HazelQ and I tied, but I posted my entry later, so @HazelQ took the win with their ingenious utilization of a cloth sim to make a working marionette.

I only just got my entry in before the deadline, and there was quite a bit more detail I wanted to add – like fuzz. So here is my finaler version – with fuzz made with the new geometry-nodes-based hair system:

And this is my concept scribble (I would suggest not looking at this):

29 Likes

Really nailed the fuzz!

2 Likes

Great idea and extraordinary execution. The fuzz is a fantastic improvement.

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Over on reddit, a few people pointed out some things I could improve in this scene, namely the appearance of the limbs at the joints. I’ve modified that to match reference better. I’ve also added some post-processing effects in the compositor. It was my first time using the live viewport compositing feature. It’s a great addition to blender!

New finaler version:

A comparison to the original using the new comparison feature by joseph :slightly_smiling_face::

Additionally, some reddit people expressed a desire to get fuzzied-up like Kermit here, so I’ve uploaded a blend with the fuzz over on Gumroad.
(I’ve tried uploading it here, but the file is 7mb for some reason, so I cannot)
EDIT: I’ve uploaded it to mega.nz, as well > Download - MEGA

This is my first time using Gumroad to share files. I hope it is a safe platform

5 Likes