- Added: a converted build for UPBGE (4-3-2019)
Let the user/player set his own key and mouse bindings.
How it works:
- On a press of a button the script listen to our keyboard and mouse, once we get an input we put it into the global dict.
- The global dict is used to save, load and use all the keybindings.
How to use:
- Hit K to open the keybindings menu.
- Click on a button to set a new key or mouse button.
- Hit save or the close button to save and close the menu
How to port it to your game:
- Import the empty from the main scene into your main scene.
- Import the keybindings scene into your blend file (file->append).
- Make sure you have keybindings.py and my_functions.py aswell.
- Go to keybindings.py and change the scene names at the top of the script
How to add more Buttons/keys:
- Select 1 button and the text object, duplicate it, change the property to your likings
- Now go to keybindings.py head to def default_keybindings(cont): and set the key there as well
Key and mouse bindings in action: (showing older version, but you get the idea)
key and mouse bindings.blend (689.4 KB)
(Ignore the last comment in the Readme, forgot to remove it)
keybindings upbge.blend (785.6 KB)
if you need a ‘First Person View’ movement script attached to it (BGE/UPBGE):
if you need a ‘Third Person View’ movement script attached to it (BGE/UPBGE):
As always if you like it or gonna use it leave a reply/like, thanks!