Keyboard commands queston

When I use the logic bricks to set an action to a keyboard button, when I play the game the action will repeatedly execute untill I let go of the key. But What I want to happen is to hit the key once and the action to be executed once. How do I do this?

Use “play end”.

Excuse my ignorance, but,
Where is this “Play End”?

:expressionless: I meant “Loop End”.

it is part of the action actuator

ipo actuators and sound actuators have similar options [they share some options for the play mode]

Sounds like you’ve got the pulse selected in the keyboard sensor. De-select it and it should just fire once.

jrt.

Heh heh. Thanks. That, helps, but I might as well ask another question while I’m here.

My desired effect: hit a button, It plays an anmation(action),
hit it again, It plays a differient anmation(action),
hit it again, It plays the first anmation(action)etc…

I figure I should use a property to keep track of what action should be executed, and the expression “prop == x” (where x is the stage of animation) then have it play the animation and add 1 to the property.

If i do this, it seems like it wants to play both animations at the same time…I think… I’m a bit confused.

Am I on the right track here?

yes, it does. In LOT, I have it setup so that there is a timer, and once it reaches 0, then the next animation can play. The timer is set to the required negative amount, everytime the action plays. :slight_smile: