Keyhole Surgery Simulator - Blender game team project

Post deleted.

Hi bushaes,

I’ve actually worked on simulators like this back in 2006 for a competitor to Surgical Science, also in Gothenburg, Sweden. I think that BGE has come a very long way since and a simple simulator might be possible to build. The operation is fairly limited, but implementing the dynamic nature of it can be quite complex. I’m not a BGE guru, so I don’t know if it’s possible.

But if I remember correctly, box-trainers were proven to be almost as good as simulators (for a fraction of the price). We had a lot of trouble selling our simulator and only 2 out of 30 developers were assigned to it (because of its low revenue). I’m not sure if it’s still in development, I left the company 5 years ago.

Even though it would be cool (I’ve made some attempts of my own to build a simulator like this), there is just no market for it. Hospitals are also one of the worst clients for a start-up, everything must be tested, verified, validated several years before being even remotely interesting. This is of course a good thing for patients, but it also makes companies hemorrhage money before they make any.

I wish you the best of luck, but I think a better project would be to design and manufacture a cheaper box trainer that surgical students can buy them selves and practice at home.

Hi, I have just visited your site and the info you have covered has been of great interest to me. Some of the suggestions you have given have enabled me to apply my own thought process to afford a greater understanding of the issue. Some info that is provided on
the Web is not very useful but yours has been worthwhile. Some of the points you have raised will assist me greatly. Incidentally, I like the way you have structured your site, it is super and very easy to follow. I have bookmarked you and will be back regularly. Thank you.

Dental instruments