Khalibloo Panel

Additional? That rings a bell to me!

In this post: https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?321572-Khalibloo-Panel&p=3250462&viewfull=1#post3250462
Khalibloo states: There are a few reasons where the rigify button ignores the click.

One of those reasons affected me, the first time I tried his new and improved scripts.
It turned out that my G2f figure had acquired ONE extra vertex, which was “non-manifold”
so I was able to isolate it and delete it, and then, yes, Khalibloo’s rigify proceeded.

So if you have additional nipple meshes, you should probably add them after rigification! :eyebrowlift2:

I already tried that and have mentioned it in the above post

1. Selected the mesh, went to your panel, selected Genesis 3 and then Female and then hit the Rigify button which gave me the rig.
  2. Next, i selected the additional nipple meshes and then the body mesh and hit “Rigify Vertex groups”.

Okay; how about:

Import into Blender (via Collada or fbx) a G3f figure that you have morphed in DAZ Studio,
but which has exactly 17,418 vertices; no hair, no clothes.
To be safe, see to it that both mesh and armature have all their rotations and scale applied.

With such a figure selected, in Blender, via the Khalibloo Panel,
first rigify the vertex groups, then rigify.
That should give you the same mesh, but affected by a Pitchipoy 0.5 armature,
nicely fitted to the figure.

Check that, by moving the red IK bones, you can actually get her to dance.
If that works, then you’ve made progress with respect to the post that you refer to.

thats a very specific set of instructions with very specific settings. I will try out and let you know.

But seriously, there should be a request posted in the Blender Development page to put DAZ integration feature as a request in their next or future Blender Release. it sucks not being able to animate those awesome models :frowning:

The Blender Foundation won’t do it, because of free software issues,
but Thomas Larsson has a very sophisticated system: check it out!

Bump… Khalibloo – any idea why I’m getting this message when attempting to rigify G8F?

Lol believe, it or not i used thomas larsson’s stuff before khalibloo. even that despite its best efforts, it is very buggy and there is a huge huge dependency on creating json file for each dson or duf file you import. So if you want to import a dson or duf file, you need to create its corresponding json file. and if you make any changes to your dson or duf file, you need to export its json file again. Even then, with its json file, it still does not work with all types of dson/duf file. for example, the nipple mesh i spoke about here, his program does not work on that. so its very limited to working on basic genesis 2/3/8 without any external additional meshes on the body. But just imagine, if every dson file or duf file needed a json, there wud be a shit load of json files in it. :frowning:

Speaking of daz integration, what “free” software issues are you talking about? care to elaborate?

Right. I found it impossible to use on a Mac, as I reported here, in March 2017.
But some people do seem to get a lot of mileage out of it,
and Thomas keeps working on it, so, maybe it’s worth testing again?

DAZ stuff is proprietary, even when it’s free of charge, and that doesn’t mix with Blender’s “free” principle.

Hey Khalibloo,

Any luck with that weight transfer script?

I’m getting the same thing - G3F works fine, G8F gives me that error.

I played a bit with 2.79 and the pitchipoy rig and noticed a strange behavior. the rig which is creeated by the khalibloo panel breaks too easily at the legs when I manipulate the torso, while the independently generated rig (right side of the picture) doesn’t have this bad behavior.

edit: jah, I noticed that the metarig misses the required bent for the IK to work properly. Icould fix the metarig and regenerate the rig, but maybe something could be done in the addon itself.
In any case the addon works great.

I welcome, tell me if it is possible to export poses from the DAZ, I exported the model in the T-pose, how can I apply it to her posture from the DAZ

Exporting a figure from DAZ Studio, including poses and morphs, does work, via .fbx

On a Mac, you have to see to it that the destination directory is Documents;
the export will create a .fbx file (use 2014 binary for best results),
and a folder with textures (selectively copied from your Runtime/textures/).

Once the export is done, you can drag those two to wherever you want,
and Blender will understand.

If you want to pick up poses, I recommend you place your figure in “zero” position on frame one, in DS;
then, advance a few frames and set the figure to whatever pose you want, and,
when you export, tick the option animation.

As for morph targets, your figure probably has way too many,
but if there is a small set that you want to transfer to Blender,
you can, with patience, tell the exporter to not bake those;
they will then show up on the Blender side as Shapekeys.

In Blender, you have to be careful with the import options; e.g.
disable Pre/Post Rotation, enable Automatic Bone Orientation,
and Force Connect Children (under Armatures). Once the figure is in,
you’ll see it parented to the armature, and you need to Apply
(control A) rotation and scale to both, before you do anything else.

You may find that e.g. the bones for the tips of fingers in T-pose are off,
even though the fingers themselves are ok.
Remedy: either eliminate or Apply the Armature modifier,
then edit the armature itself, while looking at the figure.
(Set the armature to X-Ray, wire.)
It takes a while to correct the bones of one hand, say the left hand
(viewer’s right, as seen from the front), and, if you’ve done that,
you may want to use the script I wrote and posted here:

in order to, automatically, make the figure’s right hand match.

Yes: the transfer process needs more than one click to succeed, but it does! :smiley:

Does anyone know if genesis 8 male is going to be supported in the near future?

I’ve just been using Blender 2.78 – Khalibloo panel script works fine in that version – then I save the Blend file and open it in 2.79.

Oh my, I really have been away from this project for this long. I apologize. I had a minor surgery after my last post here and took some time off everything. I slowly returned to coding and immediately got carried away by other projects and real life.

I’d added support for Genesis 8 male in the 2.79 branch of the addon. But I hadn’t tested or pushed the update. I just finished it up now and you should now be able to rig Genesis 8 males.

I’ll now go over all the posts I missed :slight_smile: thanks for your patience

@vida_vida,

I realize this may be very very late, but the issue you faced with g3f was not an issue at all. The rigify rig has many bone layers with different purposes. Those spherical bones are called tweak bones. they are there to make extremely small manual edits to your character’s pose. You do not want to use them by default.

To pose your character, you should use the following rig layers by default. Then if you need to make subtle adjustments that you cannot achieve with those layers, you can go on and enable the tweak layers

And yes, the documentation is right. You Rigify before Rigifying VGroups. This has some additional benefits such as automatically setting up your Armature modifiers for you.

@Tom,
haha, yeah. The DEF bones are the deforming ones :slight_smile: And congrats on your vgroup generation script… I’m glad it saves you time

@Safetyman,
Sorry, that was a result of me not fully upgrading the g8f to the new rigging system before my long absence. It should work fine now. But please do let me know if you run into any further issues. I haven’t had the time to test everything thoroughly yet.

Hi,
Could you elaborate on “required bent”? I’m unable to reproduce the issue you mentioned. Which genesis figure were you using? I suspect it might be an issue with the bone rolls.

I don’t think so. Not without a lot of manual work anyway. You could for example, export the pose as a bvh file and import it into blender. Then use a retargeting addon to map the pose to the rigify rig. But it would still require a lot of manual work to fix the issues that will arise. It may even be easier to just manually pose the character to match the imported bvh rig.