Kingdoms(gameproject)

This is a game that I am kind of working on in the background of my game, Animal Danger. I am doing it so that I can get more practice of the bge.
It will be a game like civilization, or the settlers.

and you want to know what??? you wer not vary spacifac

Would anybody like to help is what I wanted to know.

Sure i’ll help, I know zero python but am trying to learn, I have several years experience in 2D game devolopment and am fair shakes at inorganic modeling, and i can unwrap textures, buti cannot make textures.

That’s great! I am working right know on like a little game engine. Maybe you can make models. Make catapults, troops, buildings, and don’t worry about textures. I can handle that. Try to make everything very lo poly.

Guys… thinking practically, I would start with a simple game first like pong, or something. I am just speaking from expierence here. I have been doing game design for many years. I was just like you guys, big ideas little knowledge multiple game projects. I mean you can do it this way and learn, but failure seems inevitable.

Good Luck!

P.S. Did you know they say you learn the most from failure?
P.S.S. Well you are about to go to school

I just got blender a few months ago, but have been programming for years, mostly in qbasic/vbasic. I have been making simple games like that anyway, and am ready for more complicated games.

I just got blender a few months ago, but have been programming for years, mostly in qbasic/vbasic. I have been making simple games like that anyway, and am ready for more complicated games.

I just finished the sky box last night. It looks pretty good.

just now i deleted the sky! lol

The correct terminology should be P.P.S. :wink:

Sounds interesting. Good Luck!

here’s a catapult that I made in a few minutes. I made it with a low poly design. I haven’t assigned textures to it yet though. :smiley:

Attachments

The correct terminology should be P.P.S. :wink:

Ah yes I see, PS stands for “Post Script” So not Post Script Script. It should be Post Post Script… Thank you very much!

Ahem…

P.S. Did you know they say you learn the most from failure?
P.P.S. Well you are about to go to school

There we Go!

LOL this is not a thread where you learn English! :no:LOL

The catapult you see above, I deleted. I modeled one with even less face count. If anyone knows python, could you help me once I get the game ready for programming?

ps: I finished making a cursor. It is a custom cursor.

Here is the other catapult that I made. It has fewer faces than my earlier one.

Attachments

How the hell does your catapult work? If that thing was real the arm would just sit still… you need leverage!

I was thinking about that. Maybe it has a spring inside, just imagine. LOL Maybe I’ll put in a way for it to lift. I did it like this so it wouldn’t have very many vertices.

You could also do a double catapult like on prince Caspian.:slight_smile:

That is richochet. It is spelled something like that. I will be making one of those too.

What should the troops look like in my game? Should they be like a cube for each leg, arm body, and head, or a more hi-poly design?