Kissed by a rose

This image is amazing for some, and others condemn it right away because of the proportions.
Anyway it did not go unnoticed. The thing is, despite unrealistic proportions,
the image is very attractive.
I was preparing this image for a simple render with white background using Luxcore,
because that is what I get asked all the time. Sometime during the process,
I got bored and annoyed to make such a simple scene for such an elaborated ring.
After trying many textures for the ground (wood, marble, stone, fabric, etc…)
nothing was really working until leather started to light up and lead the scene somewhere.
But then it look dull anyway, lacking originality too badly.
Then came the lips idea (the lips are too small, but artistic decisions, it was not possible to make the lips fit the frame at real scale,
and showing just a part of the lips was not interesting at all). Then came the roses idea. The roses are also small,
but the work on the modelling and the textures, oh boy, did it work.
The work on the colors is amazing and the whole composition with it’s sexy attractivness, well, the image…

This is “Kissed by a rose”
(no, it is not the song by Seal, that would be from a rose)
4K render (v2 slighlty updated, the leaves are modelled instead of png planes, so now they have SSS and I added some water drops)
Ring designed with 3Design Cad v9.5, scene modelled with Blender 2.93 alpha, render done with Luxcore 2.4
2700 samples, 1 hour rendering

Scene view

Design made with 3DESIGN CAD

27 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Whoops, I forgot to add the link!

1 Like

Great thanks Bart! Take care

1 Like

You’re #featured! :tada:

2 Likes

Hi,
Very nice job and also I’m happy to see another great LuxCore render.
But how you export 3D model from CAD to Blender? I always got shading issues due to the wrong topology.

1 Like

The petals looks great, could share the Nodetree ? I’m curious

1 Like

Oh wow, great! Thanks again, keep taking care

1 Like

I use the OBJ format, shading comes out good almost every time. The software I use apart from Blender is “3Design CAD”, I don’t know, what software do you use?

Yes the petals have SSS the Luxcore style. I worked because I 3D modeled the petals. A first version using PNG planes produced matte leaves. Somebody on Facebook pointed that out, so I made the leaves better with a bit of translucency. That made the shadows a little bit more colorfull also, and the leaves shine better.

1 Like

And about Luxcore, yes, it has become one of the best renderers, for me, it is the best. I have been making quite a lof of renders using Luxcore starting last year, with an ever growing success.

1 Like