Kissing armatures 'good bye"

(Apollux) #1

Does anyone knows how to do this?

I have maaaaaany meshes deformed by armatures, each mesh one armature. Is there a way to erase the armatures (since I only need them to shape the mesh, not for animation) but to keep the mesh in it’s actual shape?

when I say maaaaany i really mean it, Blender is starting to crash quite often… Any ideas?

** I whant to really get rid of the armatures, not just to hide them.

(S68) #2

No, but I would like to know mee too!

Stefano

(wavk) #3

It must be possible via Python. I believe I heard something of getting the deformed mesh with Python for Lightflow or one of the other renderers. If someone would write a script for that, I think many people would be interested. I can’t believe it isn’t actually in Blender, with Alt+C :slight_smile:

Have fun,

WAVK

(joecool) #4

I’m not really sure what you mean, but sometimes blender crashes if the names of the armatures are present. It used to be that every time I selected armatures, blender would crash, but since I removed the names,(hid the names) it doesn’t crash.
hope this helped.

(theeth) #5

just try this:

import sys
import Blender

original = Blender.Object.GetSelected()[0]
if repr(type(original.data)) == "<type 'NMesh'>":
	mesh = Blender.NMesh.GetRawFromObject(original.name)
	final = Blender.NMesh.PutRaw(mesh, str("Deformed " + original.name))
	final.size = original.size
	final.rot = original.rot
	final.loc = original.loc
	final.name = str("Deformed " + original.name)
	print "success!"
else: print "error!"
sys.stdout.flush()

type this in a script window.

If you run it (Alt-P), it will output the deformed mesh under a new object named Deformed + the name of the original.

It will be located in the same exact spot, with the same exact rotation and size as the original.

Martin

(VelikM) #6

I tried it out and it works beautifully :smiley: Thanks Theeth for another good example of py. code.