KL-7/T SEC Adonis

The KL-7 Adonis was a rotor cipher machine used by the United States government for secure communication during the Cold War. It was used by various government agencies and military units for the secure transmission of classified information.

Modelled in Vanilla Blender, Textured with Substance Painter, Presentation Shots in Unreal Engine 5

3 x 4096x4096 PBR Texture Sets

Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VyAPmP

Thumbnail:

74 Likes

This is wonderful!. If you dont mind, how did you approach the small bevels? Was it cycles (bevel normals) baked and imported to substance painter? And also how long this kind of quality work takes? Thank you, I am trying to level up my work.

1 Like

Nice! Well made!

1 Like

It was a mix of the bevel modifier and manual bevels, for the base I used 2x sub div simple and 2x catmull clark. Just mix and match, see what works best where.

It was a regular bake in painter, I separated meshes by names.

The high poly took me 4-5 days and the lowpoly and texturing took me another whole week. To be fair I rushed quite a few parts because I had to meet deadlines. (This is a university assignment.)

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I foresee a high pass mark with this one because your texture bakes are flawless especially that normal map - my salutations :+1:

2 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Fantastic machine! Well recreated by you, I mean! :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful work!!! Congrats.

1 Like

This. Is. Beautiful!

Take a well deserved bow!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Great work.
btw. I first time see this device, now must google it :nerd_face:

1 Like

nice work
a few years back some one else did the Enigma machine

very interesting

happy bl

1 Like