Knapweed

I do get a chance to blend every once in a while. :wink:

Anyway, here it is. I’m nearing completion, and I wanted to get some other peoples thoughts on it.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5811/knapweed.jpg
^hi res version.

Mostly modeled in Blender 2.49b. I used ngplant for some of the background plants. Rendered with a version of 2.52.

Crits very welcome!!! I’m trying to learn as much as I can from this. :wink:

I like the flower - the background does let it down some - background is too busy, off colour, and doesn’t have any connection to theme it off.

I’d suggest you render this in a glass of water, with white background so as to emphasize the flower. You may wish to add some pollen in the centre of the flower too, to make it more interesting.

Otherwise - a great technical achievement.

All the best and look forward to more of your works!

the detail in the grass and shrubs is very good :), but like kbot said, im not sure it helps you focus on the flower.

also, i would increase the intensity of the lighting more contrast would be better

Thanks, guys!!

haha, now, my idea was a single flower in a bunch of dead plants… thus I don’t really want to render it in a glass of water. sorry. :wink: I think I’ll try the pollen, though… that would add some nice detail. :slight_smile:

I took the path out, though, to cut down on the clutter in the background. How does this look? :slight_smile:

I hate chromatic aberration. In my opinion it adds nothing to a picture :frowning: