knowledge

just a quick one - does one have to have a degree in computing or similar to use blender? Blender seems to me not very user-friendly unless you have ‘expertise’ in 3D modelling/animation techniques?

You don’t need to be an expert, but the same can be said for any of the 3d animation programs.

I remember when I first saw 3dStudio (dos) a “few” years ago, and I was baffled by even the concept of the 3d viewports.

You are already one step ahead since you’re familiar with the terms “modelling” and animation :slight_smile: Or are you asking on behalf of someone else by any chance ?

See my signature for links to the “Summer of Documentation” for a great start to learning the program.

Mike

Thanks for the reply - I am asking for myself. Thanks for the extra information also…:slight_smile:

Gaining a degree means sitting in a classroom and being taught for several years about how to do something. There is no such degree for blender at the moment although a certification class is in the works within the blender community. Just about everyone here has learned by reading tutorials, trial and error, and asking questions.

Blender has a book in physical form or on the web in wiki format that will tell you just about everything you need to know to use the program. If you run into a brick wall just post a question or search the forums. Most of us learn this program one day at a time.

Welcome to the world of blender and don’t give up. What you can’t seem to get the program to do today, will strangely work tommorow.

JABayne